This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking Tour of Hollywood

Red Line tours offers a 75 min walking tour of Hollywood for $20 per person. They start out at the Stella Adler Academy and claim to take you inside the Blossom Room of the Roosevelt, inside El Capitan theatre, and inside the Embassy Club "speakeasy" in Los Angeles.

Here is the tours site:
    http://www.redlinetours.com/redline/hbs.php

For a more detailed itinerary you can go to:
    Hollywood Behind the Scenes - Red Line Tours

I was wondering if the tour would be worth the expense or if I could just do all of the tour for free for the most part on my own.
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Walking Tour of Hollywood

Haven't you used up your 20 questions already, Yackerz?

I don't know about the other places but you won't be able to step inside the El Capitan for free.

Honestly, I would just forgo Hollywood in favor of more time at Disneyland. But then again, I live close to Hollywood and it's nothing all that special to me.

Comment

brand42 hehe I'm like on question number 50 by now .

I have made a lot of good posts on here regardless hehe...

Paying for the tour don't seem worth it to me..mainly because I dont know if I can make the 4:00 time for the last tour.
      Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Ignore Brand... Hollywood is awesome
        I'd add another day on my trip just so I could do it AND more Disneyland
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
          Ignore Brand... Hollywood is awesome
          I'd add another day on my trip just so I could do it AND more Disneyland
          Well to my defense, I've been living near Hollywood all of my life!

Yackerz, one thing to keep in mind is that there is quite a bit of traffic, both automobile and foot, during the summertime. Actually all year long but especially in the summer. So it might take considerably longer than it should just to travel a few blocks.

Comment

Thanks,.. when I'm sitting in a line of traffic on my way to hollywood and highland I will think of you ..
            do you guys have any recommendations on routes to take to avoid traffic or any alternative parking options that are relatively close to hollywood and highland?

Comment

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
              Well to my defense, I've been living near Hollywood all of my life!
              I only lived there 5 short years But then again, I love all that tacky tourist stuff... My fave part of NYC is Times Square :blush:

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
              do you guys have any recommendations on routes to take to avoid traffic or any alternative parking options that are relatively close to hollywood and highland?
              I don't know much about alt routes... it's packed pretty much from every direction )

I would just park at Hollywood and highland because a) you'll be able to get a spot and b) it'll be really cheap as long as you get validation.
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

haha if I just bought a bottle of water from a store would that entitle me to validation?

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                  haha if I just bought a bottle of water from a store would that entitle me to validation?
                  Yes. I usually buy a pretzel from Auntie Anne's or a cookie from Toll House. Mmmmm.
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse