Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDW Brat Needs Help Planning 1st DL Trip!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW Brat Needs Help Planning 1st DL Trip!

Come this August, I will be making my first trip to Disneyland. I've done a little bit of research on the area and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by all of the choices.

I'm looking to spend most of my money inside DL and not outside of it.

A few questions I have...

1. What are some of the closest, preferably clean, and cheapest hotel around DL?
    2. Which airport offers the best convenience in terms of getting to DL?

Thanks!

Re: WDW Brat Needs Help Planning 1st DL Trip!

Originally posted by disneyanaworld View Post
    Come this August, I will be making my first trip to Disneyland. I've done a little bit of research on the area and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by all of the choices.

I'm looking to spend most of my money inside DL and not outside of it.

A few questions I have...

1. What are some of the closest, preferably clean, and cheapest hotel around DL?
    2. Which airport offers the best convenience in terms of getting to DL?

Thanks!
    1. There are many motels/hotels right across the street or less than a mile from the DL entrance. I don't stay at them, being a day guest. Also, DL has three Disney-owned hotels. Very clean, very expensive. I hear good things about the Howard Johnsons (or "HoJo" around here).
    2. John Wayne/Orange County is the closest. You've asked about Ontario. LAX provides the most flexibility in scheduling.

Comment

My personal opinion would be to fly into John Wayne.

If you want the true Disney experience and can afford it, stay at Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian. Otherwise Hojo's would be the best non-Disney owned hotel.
      Please wait while we imagineer a new signature!

Comment

thanks for the replies.

I'm probably going to fly into Ontario because it's way cheaper than John Wayne.

I might end up staying at the Disneyland Hotel because I think I will get a CM discount, but need to look into it.

I've heard good things about the Hojo, but the price isn't too attractive.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X