This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Day planning for single rider Friday before Labor Day

Hello all! I've been following this forum for a while (especially during the days before the Murphy and WoC debuts) and finally have a reason to post. I will be in Southern California Thursday through Labor Day visiting a friend who has to work Friday. I'm using this day as my chance to go to Disneyland and mark it off my bucket list.

The only issue is that I have to leave the park at around 4:30 (I'm taking the Amtrak to and from L.A.). I purchased The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland by Bob Sehlinger as a way to see as many of the major (and minor) attractions as possible in this VERY short time frame. However, the Disneyland website says that the park is doing early entry that day, I'm guessing for the holiday weekend and the marathon. I'm assuming this eliminates any planning this book offers due to their already being lines in the park by the time I get in.

The attractions I absolutely want to do are (from order of importance starting first and going down) are:

Matterhorn
    Indiana Jones
    Space Mountain
    Splash Mountain
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Pinocchio (I know...I've heard it's bad, but I really want to ride it)
    Storybook Land Canal Boats
    It's a Small World
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

In a perfect world I would also lilke to experience the explorer canoes and the Nemo's Submarine Voyage, which I really want to do but heard it's a line nightmare. I searched similar threads and found many people stating not to make plans regarding rides, but I feel as if I need to due to my time constraints. I think it will also help that I can go into the single rider lines at Splash Mountain and Indy.

So to end this very long post (sorry!), do any of you Disney vets have any advice on how to approach the day? Any type of advice on planning the day would be greatly appreciate based on your past experiences. I can't wait to finally experience Disneyland!

Feel free to PM me!

Re: Day planning for single rider Friday before Labor Day

Welcome to MiceChat!

I think the best advice I can give you is... relax. You've got a pretty good plan in place, but remember rides can break down and things can come up that you can't foresee and have no control over. You have a limited amount of time in the park, and being a holiday weekend its going to be massively busy. Try to stick to your game plan as much as possible, but if you don't get to absolutely everything don't stress over it. Disneyland isn't going anywhere and maybe someday, you'll have a chance to come back again for a longer visit!

Just enjoy actually being there... seeing the sites, the atmosphere, the sounds the smells... no matter how much of the park you get to experience, just walking through the turnstiles for the first time will be a magical experience for you.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I think you'll be fine. You've got a great list of attractions which are important to you. Several of them are Fastpass attractions, which helps!

Here's my suggestion:

Use of Fastpass/Single Rider
      • Indiana Jones - Get Fastpass as soon as the park opens
      • Space Mountain - The moment that your Fastpass window opens from Indy, get Space Fastpass
      • Splash Mountain - Do NOT get a Fastpass, use the Single Rider option instead. Simply ask the castmember at the Fastpass collection point if Single Rider is available and they'll tell you where to go next. You could ride this at any time of the day it fits into your schedule.

Non-Fastpass Attractions
      • Matterhorn - Matterhorn and Subs are subject to the longest lines and it would be smart to ride these two after you pick up your Indy Fastpass in the morning.
      • Subs
      • Pinocchio - Pinocchio and any of the Fantasyland rides should be done as early as possible as the lines will just get longer throughout the day.
      • Snow White - you might want to add this one to your list. The new special effects really enhance this attraction.
      • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
      • Storybook Land Canal Boats

High Capacity Rides
      The following rides may have long looking lines but, due to their high rider capacity, the lines usually move very quickly. As a result, you might want to wait until after you've ridden the non-Fastpass attractions listed above before trying these attractions.
      • It's a Small World - You might ride this just after completing the rest of your Fantasyland rides
      • Pirates of the Caribbean
      • Haunted Mansion (I added this one for you - Don't miss Mansion)
      If all goes well, you should be able to knock out most of this list. Keep in mind that although they are high capacity, Small World, Pirates and Mansion are long rides. You could easily spend 30 to 45 minutes at each of them with the line and ride time combined.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

You definitely made the right choice in purchasing the Unnoficial Guide To DL by Bob Sehlinger.I swear by this book.The Touring plans are excellent.With the attractions you listed you will definitely be able to ride those and probably have time for a few more.In Fantasyland also ride Peter Pan(though this line gets big).Dont forget Single Rider on Indy and Splash Mt.Though the queues are part of the experience.Especially on Indy.While In AdventureLand try to ride the Jungle Cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by coltsfan View Post
          Hello all! I've been following this forum for a while (especially during the days before the Murphy and WoC debuts) and finally have a reason to post. I will be in Southern California Thursday through Labor Day visiting a friend who has to work Friday. I'm using this day as my chance to go to Disneyland and mark it off my bucket list.

The only issue is that I have to leave the park at around 4:30 (I'm taking the Amtrak to and from L.A.). I purchased The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland by Bob Sehlinger as a way to see as many of the major (and minor) attractions as possible in this VERY short time frame. However, the Disneyland website says that the park is doing early entry that day, I'm guessing for the holiday weekend and the marathon. I'm assuming this eliminates any planning this book offers due to their already being lines in the park by the time I get in.

The attractions I absolutely want to do are (from order of importance starting first and going down) are:

Matterhorn
          Indiana Jones
          Space Mountain
          Splash Mountain
          Pirates of the Caribbean
          Storybook Land Canal Boats
          It's a Small World
          Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

In a perfect world I would also lilke to experience the explorer canoes and the Nemo's Submarine Voyage, which I really want to do but heard it's a line nightmare. I searched similar threads and found many people stating not to make plans regarding rides, but I feel as if I need to due to my time constraints. I think it will also help that I can go into the single rider lines at Splash Mountain and Indy.

So to end this very long post (sorry!), do any of you Disney vets have any advice on how to approach the day? Any type of advice on planning the day would be greatly appreciate based on your past experiences. I can't wait to finally experience Disneyland!

Feel free to PM me!
          The single rider lines at Splash and Indy are extremely useful. The best thing about the Splash SR line is that when you get to the end you can see if there's people in the SR line. If there's not just hop back in and ride again.

My plan would probably be:

Space Mountain (FP)
          Matterhorn
          Storybook Land Canal Boats (line can get long here. You might want to do this before Matterhorn)
          It's a Small World
          Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
          Pirates of the Caribbean
          Splash Mountain (SR)
          Indiana Jones (SR) Note you have to get a SR slip from the CM at the front then show it to the CM 3/4 of the way up the exit.
          Space mountain (use FP)

This order would have you hit the line intensive rides early for the most part while also minimizing the backtracking. You should have no problem doing all this by 4:30pm imho.

After this you can evaluate with the time you have left whether you want to ride NEMO or the canoes. I've only done the canoes once but I remember it took a while to do the whole thing. If you want to do the canoes, you might want to do Indy SR before splash and Pirates, then after splash see what time it is and how long the line is at the canoes since they are on your way back from splash and you will only have the Space Mountain FP left from your list.

Comment

I went by myself with jet lag. i found having some plans made using Ridemax very helpful. It depends on how organized you want to be, but Ridemax was worth the cost to me as I had the day planned out, and I didn't have to waste time thinking about what to do next. I played with it for a bit and printed out about 3 different plans.

Ridemax is a program that will schedule the rides you choose, based to crowd stats for the day you nominate. You can enter arrive and departure times.

check out RideMax - Planning Software for Walt Disney World and Disneyland
            Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X