This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remnants

After reading Werner's last Yesterland article and seeing that the light towers were originally for light magic, I was wondering what other remains are left. Are the Space Place windows still there? Is the mule trail still in the Frontierland backcountry? These aren't intentional nods, but forgotten remains. Any others?

Re: Remnants

The old Sunkist symbol is still at the very top of what is now the Gibson Girl on Main Street.

Comment

The Adventure thru nature's wonderland tunnels behind BTM are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPro View Post
        The Adventure thru nature's wonderland tunnels behind BTM are still there.
        IS THAT WHAT THAT IS!!!! I saw those not that long ago...I was wondering why there was just a random tunnel back there. Thanks that Tha been bugging me for like 3 months.
        *** Disney Pinapple Princess ***:ap: Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***

Originally posted by techskip
        Disney Dorks of the world unite!

Comment

Originally posted by aurora1729 View Post
          IS THAT WHAT THAT IS!!!! I saw those not that long ago...I was wondering why there was just a random tunnel back there. Thanks that Tha been bugging me for like 3 months.
          Glad I could Help!

Comment

I noticed that too!

Is it true that the House of the Future base is still there, because I've looked and I can't find it

Comment

Originally posted by hbwriter View Post
              I noticed that too!

Is it true that the House of the Future base is still there, because I've looked and I can't find it
              It may have been there for a while but i think it was finally removed when they put in the water park.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                It may have been there for a while but i think it was finally removed when they put in the water park.
                I've seen it since they added the Ariel fountain. It is just the bases of the corners posts. You have to look pretty hard to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by hbwriter View Post
                  Any others?
                  Well, I don't about forgotten, but at the Circle D Ranch just off Big Thunder Mountain Trail, just to the side of the ranch house is a huge pile of rusting and deteriorating miniature horse shoes. These being the remanants of when the area was backstage and used as the actual blacksmithing area for shodding the pack mules. The blacksmiths (I have been told) would simply toss the old shoes in that huge pile, and they have never been removed.
                  And yes, part of the old pack mule 'trail' still exists along the 'Rivers Of America.' I've seen it from the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain.
                  Y'know, in my fantasies, heaven is a nice slow voyage aboard the Mark Twain that never docks. It simply sails on through the infinite...
                  This year I celebrate the 40th anniversary of my first visit to the place, and a memory of my beloved pack mule ride is just right!
                  Thanks for the site Warner.
                  First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                  First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                  BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

the skyway house on the hill in fantasyland.inside the marrerhorn(look quick!!!!!)one of the support beams for the roller batterys of the skyway.the staircase behind the old hatmosphere shop.skyway stairs...
                    :crybye:long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
                      And yes, part of the old pack mule 'trail' still exists along the 'Rivers Of America.' I've seen it from the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain.
                      That's what that was! I got to ride in the wheelhouse last week, and was wondering what the path there was used for. It's been bugging me. Thank you!

I remember reading online somewhere that a maintenance CM went exploring a while back (90's?) and discovered the ATIS load area, left mostly intact, just being used for storage for a TL store (Star Traders?). He went on to say it was probably demolished for the '98 refurb, I think. I'll look for where I read that.
                      "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

This really isn't about Disneyland, but it's distant cousin the 1964 World's Fair. Has anyone seen this site? Really cool pictures - http://www.modern-ruins.com/fair/index.html

Not sure if it's still there, but in the Adventureland Bazaar a few years ago I found an old Polynesian god (I think it was Maui) being used as the base of a fixture. I guess you can recycle anything.

Comment

In the interest of keeping this thread alive, how about listing some of the intentional remnants of previous attractions left behind?
                          Such as the old mine train abandoned along the Rivers of America?
                          The Mike Fink Keel Boat (The Gullywhumper as I recall) also along the river.
                          The small patch of painted desert along Big Thunder Trail.
                          The glimpse of the Adventures Through Inner Space microscope in the Star Tours film.
                          The slight outline of the old sea serpent at the end of Finding Nemo.
                          The old Monsanto House Of The Future now reappearing as a table base in the new 'Dream Home.'
                          The old Rocket Jet in the Little Blue Man shop at the exit of Buzz Lightyears' Astro Blasters.
                          The 'Devil's Paint Pots' and the town of 'Rainbow Ridge' on Big Thunder Mountain Railway.
                          The 'Midget Autopia' car as well as the old Mr. Toad car on the current Autopia.
                          The old surrey carraiges that used to run up and down Main St. at the Circle D Ranch.
                          Likewise, the horse drawn fire engine at the Main St. firehouse.
                          It would seem that Imagineers try leave at least some trace of the previous attraction being replaced.
                          The above are just a few that come to mind immediatly. can you folks add to the list?
                          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Great thread. Interesting stuff.

First post on miceage.

Long time reader, first time here.
                            “Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.”
                            --Walt Disney

Comment

Welcome Broadwayjedi78! Great to have you.

Excellent post, ttrocc7007!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X