This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Space montain in yesterdayland

Why not the old Matterhorn as an article.
    Last edited by Twist1234; 12-26-2008, 12:01 PM.

Re: Old Space montain in yesterdayland

Wait... what??

Do you mean the Matterhorn, or Space Mountain?

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
      Wait... what??
      Do you mean the Matterhorn, or Space Mountain?
      Space Mountain!By the way if you are wondering why i mentioned the Matterhorn it's because it ad a rehab in 1978 and it as an article at Yesterdayland

Comment

What would be documented on 'old' Space Mountain? It really hasn't changed all that much in 30 years.......except for the exterior.....the outdoor boarding area has changed........you used to be able to look down into the the theater below (as it was an outdoor theater)......and the escalator up to the queue was sort of encased by glass and it was right across from The Character Shop - now called The Star Trader. And if you consider time when it wasn't white.....But other than that..... Space Moutain, the attraction itself, is pretty much the same......

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
          What would be documented on 'old' Space Mountain? It really hasn't changed all that much in 30 years.......except for the exterior.....the outdoor boarding area has changed........you used to be able to look down into the the theater below (as it was an outdoor theater)......and the escalator up to the queue was sort of encased by glass and it was right across from The Character Shop - now called The Star Trader. And if you consider time when it wasn't white.....But other than that..... Space Moutain, the attraction itself, is pretty much the same......
          And there were windows in the interior queue that allowed you to look out into the ride itself. You would see an occasional car going past every few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            And there were windows in the interior queue that allowed you to look out into the ride itself. You would see an occasional car going past every few seconds.
            Ah yes! I do recall.........not sure I would consider that a 'yesterland' thing - but I guess so..........It is in the past......just nothing earth shattering

Comment

And the music has changed, hasn't it? I haven't ridden it since the re-opening.

I got to meet Dick Dale at an event last week, and among other things I reminded him of the track he recorded for the original SM. He smiled at the mention of it.

-- Barry
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I miss the Dick Dale music.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  That was extremely effective, I thought. Riding it for the first time in, like, 1977....and walking past that window. Very cool. Sort of built up the excitement.

You could also see briefly into the attraction (I believe) from the Peoplemover.

Comment

The Dick Dale music was extremely cool and I wish they would put it back in there! It worked perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                      And the music has changed, hasn't it? I haven't ridden it since the re-opening.

I got to meet Dick Dale at an event last week, and among other things I reminded him of the track he recorded for the original SM. He smiled at the mention of it.

-- Barry
                      I sadly never got to experience the Dick Dale soundtrack, since they removed in when the attraction went down for the remodel in 2003. I do hope they bring it back one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                        And if you consider time when it wasn't white....
                        Sad that when I read this, I immediately thought of Michael Jackson. )

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X