This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 11, 2009: Corn Dog Castle

Disneyland in California has Sleeping Beauty Castle. The Magic Kingdom in Florida has Cinderella Castle. Yester California Adventure has a castle too—Corn Dog Castle.
    Link to Corn Dog Castle.
    Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: June 11, 2009: Corn Dog Castle

Having lived in the Dallas area all of my life, I know that it is a fact that Corny Dogs were indeed invented by Fletcher's (I've eaten quite a few over the years!) Any "facts" that suggest otherwise will be completely ignored. So there.

Comment

Honestly? I didn't care for it's "White Castle" stylings!

I chalk up it's success because corn dogs are one of the better food values in the parks... Plus it is a boardwalk staple.
      Check out my other blog:

Comment

those hot dogs were yummy!! =D
        When stars are born...They possess a gift or two,
        one of those is, they have the power to make a wish come true!

Comment

I thought it was just under going a refurb and was reopening at a later date?
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mcow1 View Post
            That is what I thought as well. I truly hope it does come back.

Comment

It sure is amazing how much YesterDCA has grown in the past year! A sign of good things to come.

Thanks for the article, Werner.

Comment

Originally posted by mcow1 View Post
                There have been reports on the web that a Cast Member publication lists Corn Dog Castle as reopening in June 2011.

I would not be surprised if there's a new counter service facility when The Little Mermaid ride opens. I suppose they could even reuse parts of Corn Dog Castle.

However, I really don't expect anything that looks like Corn Dog Castle to ever return. There's no sign of Corn Dog Castle on DCA Expansion artwork. They're getting rid of the cheap-looking, purposely tacky elements of Paradise Pier.
                Werner Weiss
                Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

I wish they would go a little further east and retire Mulholland Madness. It still upsets me a standard stock carney ride is part of DCA. I would love to see that one in YesterDCA.

Comment

I totally missed out getting my last spicy dog on our last trip to DCA.

Comment

I never liked corn dogs until I had one at the Disneyland resort. Technically, I had one on Main Street in DL, but they use the same recipe. They're so good, I know they'll have their own establishment in DCA one way or another again. A very interesting article.
                      Oo-de-lally!

Comment

Knowing it was about to close, I had my first (and last?) Corn Dog Castle meal over Memorial Day weekend and I'm glad I did when I could. The Hot Link was a winner, and while it's nice to know they're selling the original at the Bountiful Valley Farm it won't be quite the same somehow. Wouldn't normally go out of my way for a corn dog but these were really good.

Comment

Visited the Cozy Dog Drive In many times on Route 66. It's an interesting place to explore
                          MagicalTrash.com - Documenting the trash cans of Disney theme parks and resorts

Comment

I miss them dearly but they are not gluten free. I loved them very very mucb.
                            Yes it did have the White Castle look and I hope the can make a Victorian style corn dog castle again.

Comment

Corn Dog Castle was the best thing about DCA. Sure, it looked pretty corny (no pun intended), but they were HUGE! And they tasted GREAT! The regular corn dog was my favorite, but the hot link was good too, and so was the cheddar cheese dog. Hopefully there will be a very similar eatery in the same vicinity when that area gets refurbed.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X