This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innoventions SAP disk game?

In Innoventions in 1998 there was exhibit sponsored by SAP in which teams had to build a space shuttle by moving around giant disks, sort of like a huge air hockey table. Does anyone remember this game, and if so, does anyone have any pictures or video of it?

Thanks!!!

Re: Innoventions SAP disk game?

Innoventions at Disneyland or Epcot?
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

Oh Sorry - Disneyland...

Comment

I thought someone would chime in by now. I doubt you will find photos but I do remember that there were games and that one but never played it. Try you tub e and see if you can find an old 1998 video. I miss them old days of Innoventions games. It was in the play zone.

Comment

A little off topic, but here's something you may find interesting: a primitive version of Guitar Hero from Innoventions at EPCOT, circa the 90's!

Above picture from Martin Smith's SSE/Innoventions 1994 video.
          Last edited by SeaCastle; 07-20-2009, 01:07 PM. Reason: Picture Source

Comment

Originally posted by SeaCastle View Post
            A little off topic, but here's something you may find interesting: a primitive version of Guitar Hero from Innoventions at EPCOT, circa the 90's!
            That's IBM's Virtual Guitar. I got to help test it back in the mid-1990s. The game was entirely based on the pick - it had a cord on it that plugged into the computer. There were little tennis-racket-like strings that you'd strum against on the giant plastic keyboard.

It sort of played like what an IBM version of Guitar Hero would play like. And I say that in the nicest possible way.

It was actually a game that people could buy and play at home. But I don't think anyone did.

Playing that game was the first time I ever heard the Allman Brothers' "Whipping Post". But I think it was a midi version.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X