• Show
Clear All

• March 19, 2010: Book Review: Knott's Preserved

Link to Book Review: Knott's Preserved
    Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: March 19, 2010: Book Review: Knott's Preserved

Thank goodness,Knott's is getting the attention it deserves. This book will be a great addition to the other book released last year "Knott's Berry Farm, The early years" by Jay Jennings.

Comment

Great Werner - please (and I give you my permission to) expand your Yesterland to other attractions that may not be Disney. I'm also a baby boomer, and Knott's was definitely part of my Disneyland vacation experience. Also places like Marineland, Movieland and the old Magic Mountain. You don't have to give them a lot of space, but I would like to see articles about them. Or start a separate web site -

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykin Kid View Post
        Great Werner - please (and I give you my permission to) expand your Yesterland to other attractions that may not be Disney. I'm also a baby boomer, and Knott's was definitely part of my Disneyland vacation experience. Also places like Marineland, Movieland and the old Magic Mountain. You don't have to give them a lot of space, but I would like to see articles about them. Or start a separate web site -
        Yesterland already has an article about the old Lion Country Safari in Irvine. I'm working on Marineland for later this year. Eventually, I'd like to add all major Southern California attractions of the latter half of the 20th century.

One of the challenges is my lack of photos of these places. Disneyland was a place to take a camera and capture the memories forever. The other places tended to be local attractions that you just went to and enjoyed.

Although I visited Magic Mountain during its first month of operation and a number of other times in its early years, I don't think I ever brought a camera.
        Werner Weiss

Comment

I've been hearing abou this book for a long time. I work with Christopher Merritt's dad and he's been telling me all about it. Chris will be on our local TV news show (community station in Laguna Woods) next month to talk about it. Nice to see it is finally done!

Comment

I am very excited about this book and event. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. For me, the parachute drop is still the scariest ride I have ever been on. This is a wonderful park and I am glad it is getting the treatment it deserves.

Sam
            SamLand's Disney Adventures

Comment

Thanks SO much for your wonderful article on the book and event Werner - I've been waiting for the book for over a decade, but probably would've missed the chance to register for the event if it hadn't been posted on MiceAge, since I don't check the other Knott's sites as often.

I preordered the hardcover using your link. Thanks again!
              Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Heard Chris Merritt interviewed on Moustalgia. The process he went through to make this book was astounding... Really and truly, this is a must have book, even for Disneyland enthusiasts. I am looking forward to owning a copy.
                Check out my other blog:

Comment

There are still tickets available for the Knott's Preserved all-day ticket event on Sunday, April 18.

You can get information about the event at the Knott's Preserved blog: Knott's Preserved Blog

There's a pdf file with the order form and details about the event: http://www.knottspreserved.com/Site/...EventFlyer.pdf
                  Werner Weiss

Comment

Book Review at Yesterland: Knott’s Preserved

As far as I know, there are still some tickets available for the event at Knott's on April 18. More and more websites have let their readers know about the event, so, if you're interested in going, I wouldn't wait too much longer to sign up.
                    Werner Weiss

Comment

Thanks for the review Werner! I'm really glad you liked the book!

Comment

Originally posted by lynxwiler View Post
                        Thanks for the review Werner! I'm really glad you liked the book!
                        Thank you for co-authoring such a wonderful book!
                        Werner Weiss

Comment

The all-day Knott's Preserved event on Sunday, April 18, is SOLD OUT.
                          Werner Weiss

Comment

THAT WAS AN AMAZING EVENT!

Was a super day! It was such a busy day that I haven't read much of the book yet, but it looks fantastic!

Great Meeting you Werner!

Tim
                            To view old Disneyland and Theme park tickets, visit my blog at:

http://vintagedisneylandtickets.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Tickets View Post
                              THAT WAS AN AMAZING EVENT!

Was a super day! It was such a busy day that I haven't read much of the book yet, but it looks fantastic!
                              Yes. The Knott's Preserved event on Sunday was outstanding!

The authors (Chris Merritt and Eric Lynxwiler), the panel members, the local historians (Phil Brigandi and Chris Jepsen) and the people at Knott's made it a well organized, informative, and fun day.

The two sessions in the Bird Cage Theatre greatly exceeded my expectations.

The Knott's history walking tours were excellent. I hope that Brigandi and Jepsen will offer these tours again in the future for guests who could not get tickets this time.

I highly recommend the book. Here, again, is my review: Book Review of Knott's Preserved at Yesterland
                              Werner Weiss

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X