This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 30, 2010: Walt Disney Elementary School

As a child, Walt Disney was a student at Park School in Marceline, Missouri. When Park School was replaced by a new elementary school in 1960, it was named after its most famous alumnus. But there was more to it than just the name.
    Link to Walt Disney Elementary School
    Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: April 30, 2010: Walt Disney Elementary School

I'm enjoying this series, Warner! It's kind of amazing that art that still exists in WD Elementary. I'd love to have my kid attend a place with that kind of stuff - vintage, happy stuff- up on the walls. And the Hare leaning on the clock- priceless!
    Looking forward to Part 3.

Comment

this is really cool

the Hare leaning on the clock is really funny
      Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

You know, the original playground equipment looks so much more fun than the plastic junk kids have today. I remember on my elementary school's playground, we had a tug boat and a space ship (complete with slide). Whatever happened to go old imaginative play?

Comment

This is really cool. It's interesting how this school has a real Disney presence with the true characters, which is different from the "seven dwarves on crack that you see on the side of a pre-school in Tijuana." - Kristen, Mousetalgia Podcast

It also shows that Disney isn't always so big and corporate. That's nice.
          -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X