No announcement yet.

Old Fort Wilderness Post Card

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Fort Wilderness Post Card

I was going to post this in the Fort Wilderness discussion but it was closed (I don't know why so many of these threads are closed... why?)

Anyway here's a rare "Fort Wilderness" (on Tom Sawyer Island) photo with George E Russel and Davy Crockett reporting to General Jackson during the War of 1812. Proof of the intended era is evidenced by the portrait of "current" President James Madison behind Jackson.

Now later they had Jackson by himself but with a portrait of George Washington behind him instead. So what did they do with the old portrait of Madison? Last time I saw it, it was in the attic scene of the Haunted Mansion.

Re: Old Fort Wilderness Post Card

Very nice and welcome to MiceChat.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

That's cool! Thanks for posting that.

I wish I had an answer to your question, but I honestly don't know. Sorry.

Aww. I thought this was going to be about the resort.

Oh, well. Nice info! I don't think this scene is in WDW's Fort Langhorn.
        -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.