This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 30, 2010 - Goofy About Health

Step into the golden dome of the Wonders of Life, Presented by MetLife. Today your destination is Goofy About Health
    Link to Goofy About Health.
    Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: July 30, 2010 - Goofy About Health

Quick corrective, "while the rest of your party rides Star Tours" should probably be Body Wars, unless Goofy is worth coming all the way from the Studios

It's funny, I ignored that attraction the 2 or 3 times I was there when it was still open. Now that it is no longer available, I want to watch it, even though I know it's just old Goofy cartoons strung together.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
      Quick corrective, "while the rest of your party rides Star Tours" should probably be Body Wars, unless Goofy is worth coming all the way from the Studios
      Fixed it. Thanks!
      Werner Weiss
      Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

I liked that dome better when they had Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose there.

Comment

Sigh. I always enjoyed my laid back time in this pavilion. From the new age music in the dome to the cutting edge attractions like Body Wars and my all time fav, Cranium Command, there was always plenty to keep my interest here. But all good things . . .

Comment

Nice. Thanks for posting this. It's a shame that the Wonders of Life pavilion is gone... But I think it's very interesting to look at these pictures and see how the tone and theme of the entire pavilion is so radically different from any of the other parts of Epcot.
            -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

This was one of the last great Epcot FW pavilions that focused on the park's original mission. Great variety, educational, and fun. Thanks, Werner, for the trip down memory row.
              Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
              www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Comment

I loved the theme to the pavilion. I think that the problem is that it really needed a major attraction to bring people in so that in "killing time waiting" they could experience Goofy. It is just like now that shopping centers need a major store to attract customers who also go to the smaller stores too. When the anchor store closes, usually the smaller shops struggle or close.

Body Wars was not the major attraction it should have been. But I really believe if they just installed a big ride, then old pavilion would have experienced new life.
                Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Heavy stuff indeed, you see Goofy had this friend named Walt...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X