No announcement yet.

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTF Info

Does anyone know about the availability (or existence, even) of architectural drawings or plans for the Monsanto House of the Future? I'd like to build a scale model of it for a mrr layout, but specific information seems hard to come by.

Btw, many thanx for this site! I discovered it only today, and the existing HOTF threads are locked already!

Re: HOTF Info

I've seen similar type drawings on line. I don't know the web sites, but I've found them pretty easily via GOOGLE.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Re: HOTF Info

Many thanx, sbk1234. I dunno why I didn't think of google. Lots of stuff there, including photos from 1957. I still need to dig deeper to find actual outer dimensions.

I see that they made lots of changes to the interior by 1960, giving things a more "built in" look. I remember it looking even more different when I first saw it in 1963. Fortunately, the outside look was pretty much the same until they tore it down.

I can't help wishing they had been able to move it intact to another site. Like, say, the lot my current house (also built in 1957) is on.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.