No announcement yet.

January 8, 2011: Bud Hurlbut (1918-2011)

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 8, 2011: Bud Hurlbut (1918-2011)

Link to Bud Hurlbut (1918-2011) at Yesterland
    Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: January 8, 2011: Bud Hurlbut (1918-2011)

Thanks for reposting this, Werner. I look forward to hearing from other folks who can share stories about Bud.

Lovely article. Very nice work of his. Nice to see people that were innovating outside of Disney. Where can I get one of those miniature paddlewheelers?
      -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

We will miss him greatly.

sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

A great article! He will be missed very very much!

One little picky point. The article states, "Hurlbut was an innovator, and his inventions, like flume rides and various motors, were adopted later by much of the theme park industry." The flume ride was actually first seen at Six Flags Over Texas in 1963. It was the "El Aserradero."

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.