Clear All

• May 13, 2011: World Showcase Buses

Link to World Showcase Buses.
    Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: May 13, 2011: World Showcase Buses

I really miss the buses!

Incidentally, the first photo in Werner's article features my sister and I standing in front of a blue Omnibus. I'm sure she loves the fact that it appears that she's picking her nose! I still don't quite know what she's doing there.
    Last edited by Tannerman; 05-13-2011, 06:29 AM.
    MagicalTrash.com - Documenting the trash cans of Disney theme parks and resorts

Comment

A friend of my dad's was involved in selling those Chevrolet Chassis to Disney to build the buses on. They are built on a GM P-Chassis. If I remember right, the model they used was specifically engineered for UPS. He had to get permission from UPS to be able to get that chassis for Disney's design.

Comment

Interesting article. I wonder why they stopped using the double-decker buses at Epcot"s World Showcase.
        James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I love this old stuff. However, the interview with Mr. Gurr...well, he didn't really seem too interested.

Comment

Along the same lines, anyone know what became of the 2 buses that were used at the Disneyland Resort along the hotel routes?They were only in service a couple of years and were then put into storage by the parking garage and have never been seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxbistro View Post
              Thanks for the info. I love this old stuff. However, the interview with Mr. Gurr...well, he didn't really seem too interested.
              I thought Bob Gurr's answers were succinct and honest.

Gurr designed the buses at Disneyland, and his design was also used for the 1982 Epcot Center buses. However, as I suspected, he didn't have any other involvement with the Epcot Center buses because he left Disney Imagineering before Epcot Center opened.
              Werner Weiss
              Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

It's too bad nothing ever came of the Peoplemover-type system that was part of the original plan. That would have been cool.

Comment

Nice article. I really do hope there is a transportation system that is works (and is not boats,) for present Epcot.

Timekeeper
                  sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                  Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X