Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June 3, 2011 - 20 Special Anniversary Surprises!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 3, 2011 - 20 Special Anniversary Surprises!

As the 40th anniversary of the October 1, 1971 opening of Walt Disney World approaches, Yesterland looks back at the 20th anniversary.
    Link to 20 Special Anniversary Surprises!
    Please discuss
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: June 3, 2011 - 20 Special Anniversary Surprises!

After a lifetime of obsessing over Disney films, books, and other people's trip photos, my Grandparents took me to Disney World in the summer of 1992 as a High School graduation present. (Needless to say, it would NOT be my last!) The photos and attraction descriptions in your article brought back so many wonderful memories of that trip, as well of my Grandparents, both of whom have since passed on. So, um...thanks!
    Last edited by Ju-osh; 06-03-2011, 06:40 AM.
    Bored? Check out my animation news & reviews website: http://skunkandburningtires.com

Comment

Good article. I love reading about the history of Walt Disney World (as well as Disneyland). It's hard to believe that it has been almost 40 years since WDW opened.
      James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan.

Comment

So glad to see Dinosaurs again. That was one of the best TV series ever produced by Jim Henson's company.
        Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
        Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Not My Real Name View Post
          So glad to see Dinosaurs again. That was one of the best TV series ever produced by Jim Henson's company.
          When I did my research for the article, I noticed that Amazon sells DVDs of the series. The first two seasons are in one DVD set, and the other two seasons are in a second DVD set.

Although I haven't seen the show since it originally aired, my guess is that's probably aged well, despite being from 20 years ago. The issues and humor should be just as relevant today as back then. (You just won't have references to all the new technology that we've become accustomed to in the past two decades.)

Anyone interested in checking out the DVDs should consider entering the Amazon site by clicking on the Amazon logo on the right edge of the MiceAge.com website. That's a good way to support MiceAge.
          Werner Weiss

Comment

Ugh. After 20 years the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid shows need to go.
            The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
              Ugh. After 20 years the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid shows need to go.
              Maybe.

As a regular visitor to WDW, I would like to see new shows. But I also recognize that these are very good live shows and that many guests at WDW — much more than at Disneyland — are once-in-lifetime visitors who are seeing these very enjoyable shows for the first time.
              Werner Weiss

Comment

Originally posted by Werner Weiss View Post
                Maybe.

As a regular visitor to WDW, I would like to see new shows. But I also recognize that these are very good live shows and that many guests at WDW — much more than at Disneyland — are once-in-lifetime visitors who are seeing these very enjoyable shows for the first time.
                I've been to WDW twice in my adult life, fairly recently. I hated both shows. They were boring yet at the same time, rushed. Just an opinion, of course, but it's what I think.
                The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X