No announcement yet.

December 2, 2011: Walt Disney Stamp of 1968

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2, 2011: Walt Disney Stamp of 1968

Walt Disney received many honors during his life and posthumously. One of these honors was a United States commemorative postage stamp issued in Marceline on September 11, 1968.

Link to Yesterland: The Walt Disney Stamp of 1968 by Edward Bergen

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: December 2, 2011: Walt Disney Stamp of 1968

Great article Werner. I had forgotten that the Post Office issued a Walt Disney stamp back in 1968.

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan.

I knew about the postage stamp, but I didn't know about the imperfections of the stamp, now I will keep a look out for them. Also, a great read overall!

sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

I'm trying to locate one of those stamps now. Thank you for this great article from Edward Bergen. You can always count on Yesterland to deliver something interesting!!!
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I picked a block of 4 stamps on Ebay a few years ago that never were postmarked, they now are now framed along side of the other Disney stamps from USPS.

I just checked on Ebay and there some listed.

I have a set of four that I got in Marceline a couple years ago. They're great!
            Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.

Back in 1982 when Tokyo Disneyland was being created, the weekends were great for Swap Meets at all the Tokyo shrines. I wondered into a stamp and coin collecting store near the Yoyogi Swap Meet which gets the biggest crowds and has many shops featuring American collectables from clothes to antiques. I thought I would by chance see if they had any of these 6 cent Walt Small World stamps, and was suprised to find a full page and a half of them for sale. As the park was not open yet, the value was pretty reasonable and overlooked by the public there. Had it been after 1983 and the park opening, I doubt if I would have found them there at all. I did triple mat the full page in all the stamps layers of colors as you have shown and framed them. The other half page was used up for a single Christmas stamp along with added postage on Special Disney Christmas cards to friends over the years who would appreciate it as a gift as I do. They were sure surprized. Love your article and now have more "Great History" on them. PD
              PS Over the years when Disney opened a new park like Epcot, they would send out a "Commerative Disney" post card with one of these stamps on it to their employees. Those were the days.
              Last edited by DisWedWay; 12-08-2011, 12:48 PM.

Ad Widget

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.