This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 30, 2011: Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm

There’s an airplane embedded in the water tower at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm here at Mickey’s Toontown Fair. How did it get there?

Goofy's Barnstormer at Yesterland

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: December 30, 2011: Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm

I have never actually ridden The Barnstormer, so I'm glad it will be back with the new Fantasyland! I have a grandson that I think will absolutely love it (along with his Pawpaw) . He should be just old enough to ride when it reopens...

Comment

I do think that the original theme of the ride is more fun than the new one they are planning. I hope the experience will still be good. It seems like Goofy's Sky School took many thematic elements from this ride. What does the barn theme have to do with a circus stunt man? This ride was my first experience on a roller coaster and I was bummed on my last trip that I was not able to ride it. Looking forward to 2012 when it reopens!

By the way Werner, have you though about posting more articles about the other attractions of this land? I would love to see posts about Mickey's and Minnie's houses, Donald's Boat, the tents, and even the train station. This history has got to be preserved and from all the websites out there, you do the best of keeping this important history. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
        What does the barn theme have to do with a circus stunt man?
        I don't know if the barn will survive.

My guess is that updated ride will take place in a circus setting. I expect the whole farm setting to go away. This is only a guess because Disney has not released details about Barnstormer Featuring the Great Goofini.

Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
        By the way Werner, have you though about posting more articles about the other attractions of this land? I would love to see posts about Mickey's and Minnie's houses, Donald's Boat, the tents, and even the train station.
        I'm planning additional articles about Mickey's Toontown Fair. I wish I had photos of the area when it was Mickey's Birthdayland and then Mickey's Starland. Can anyone help me?
        Werner Weiss

Comment

Toontown at Disneyworld. Disney's experiment to see how long a "temporary" land can survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Werner Weiss View Post
            I don't know if the barn will survive.

My guess is that updated ride will take place in a circus setting. I expect the whole farm setting to go away. This is only a guess because Disney has not released details about Barnstormer Featuring the Great Goofini.

I'm planning additional articles about Mickey's Toontown Fair. I wish I had photos of the area when it was Mickey's Birthdayland and then Mickey's Starland. Can anyone help me?
            I never knew it was going to be called "Barnstormer Featuring the Great Goofini". I thought it was just going to be called "The Great Goofini". As for new pictures for your upcoming articles, you could try such websites as Google and maybe Flickr. Just an idea. However, since most of the pictures on Flickr were taken by other people, you might to need to ask permission first.
            My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
            2. Pirates of the Caribbean
            3. Splash Mountain
            4. Mad Tea Party
            5. Peter Pan's Flight
            6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
              I never knew it was going to be called "Barnstormer Featuring the Great Goofini". I thought it was just going to be called "The Great Goofini". As for new pictures for your upcoming articles, you could try such websites as Google and maybe Flickr. Just an idea. However, since most of the pictures on Flickr were taken by other people, you might to need to ask permission first.
              The exact name remains to be seen. Online articles and press releases from Disney have called it "Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini" or just "Barnstormer" or just "The Great Goofini."

Disney's recent "2012: The Year of More Magic" web page uses the phrase Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini in bold. It appears to be the official nomenclature because the page carefully uses the official nomenclature for other attractions. Of course, it's possible that there hasn't been a final decision regarding the nomenclature for the revamped Barnstormer.

There are a tremendous number of recent, digital photos of the Disney parks on photo repository websites such as Flickr. There are very few photos from before the digital photography era. Also, contacting the photographers to get permission is difficult because such sites do not provide email addresses.
              Werner Weiss

Comment

There are a tremendous number of recent, digital photos of the Disney parks on photo repository websites such as Flickr. There are very few photos from before the digital photography era. Also, contacting the photographers to get permission is difficult because such sites do not provide email addresses.
                Well, if your intention is to include Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland as well as Toontown Fair, and there are few pictures from before the digital age, then the only thing I can tell you is to just search on Google for pictures. Depending on what article you're doing, something is bound to turn up sooner or later.

3. Splash Mountain
                4. Mad Tea Party
                5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Great Artcicle Werner. They make my Friday complete, after readng the In The Parks blog.

I think the Barnstormer is a great attraction, with a funny queue, despite the track layout being a carbon copy of Gadget's Go Coaster at Mikey's Toontown in Disneyland. Don't get me wrong, I think it will look great when it reopens in 2012

Do you think WDI were influenced from this when they rethemed Mullholland Madness into Goofy's Sky School? They have similar themes and both have inside jokes about Goofy and his planes in the queue.

Thanks Again Werner,

Trumpet
                  The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpet View Post
                    Do you think WDI were influenced from this when they rethemed Mullholland Madness into Goofy's Sky School? They have similar themes and both have inside jokes about Goofy and his planes in the queue.
                    Yes.

In fact, the queue for the Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm included a class schedule for "Fido's Fearless Flight School." I didn't include it in my article because of the lack of a good photo.
                    Werner Weiss

Comment

Yes.

In fact, the queue for the Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm included a class schedule for "Fido's Fearless Flight School." I didn't include it in my article because of the lack of a good photo.
                      It's possible that the Imagineers used this ride for reference when they remade Mulholland Madness. I just wish they put that ride in Disneyland's Toontown.

3. Splash Mountain
                      4. Mad Tea Party
                      5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X