• Show
Clear All

• Jan. 13, 2012: Mission Tortilla Factory

Link to Mission Tortilla Factory at Yesterland at Yesterland

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: Jan. 13, 2012: Mission Tortilla Factory

I honestly enjoyed the Mission Tortilla Factory, watching the video about "Maseca!" and eating the warm tortilla right off the conveyor belt. I for one, am going to miss it. I've been to a couple of Ghirardelli shop locations and enjoy the free chocolate sample but that warm tortilla really hit the spot!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

Comment

The chocolate shop is a good addition but I would have rather seen the bread bakery go instead of the tortillas. Hopefully the bread bakery will be replaced by something much better (and without Rosie) in the near future.

Comment

A fresh tortilla and a beer from the beer truck was the perfect afternoon break.

Comment

I kind of wished they put Ghirardelli where the new mexico dining place is now, that way, we would still have free tortillas, free bread and free chocolate in the same area. Also, we would've had the iconic Ghiradelli square clock tower, signage and the brickwork, leading as a better transition into the Paradise Pier & Park area and Carsland.

Timekeeper
          sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
          Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

The tortilla factory was one of the high points of the educational tour I took in 2008. Watching the tortilla be made was almost as neat as eating it.

Comment

I remember the first year or two it was open, they handed out DCA Mission Tortilla recipe books.

I still have one - I guess now it's a collector's item
              www.shannonhegarty.com

Comment

The Mission tortilla factory was a fun project to work on, and I'm sorry it has been replaced.

Comment

The best part was being a Disney Birthday Guest... Full bag of fresh tortillas!!! Took those puppies back to our room at Hojo and made burritos for dinner. Going to miss that place

Yancy

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X