This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mar. 16, 2012: Disney Annual Meeting

A look at Disney shareholder meetings of long ago and 2012.
    Link to Yesterland: Annual Meeting of The Walt Disney Company 2012

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: Mar. 16, 2012: Disney Annual Meeting

It's a shame at the lack of shareholder benefits. Besides the complimentary theme park tickets to meeting attendees, we used to get hotel discounts and complimentary membership to the Magic Kingdom Club. Now - we get nothing. They don't even print the nice annual report any more.

Shareholders of Carnival Corp and Royal Caribbean get onboard cruise credits. We don't even get that!

Comment

I beleive it was the 1991 stockholder meeting where I attended at the Beach and Yacht club. We got a discount to stay there and then all in attendance got a one day WDW ticket and ticket to Pleasure Island.

Comment

I'd be curious to hear more about the mis-information on the disney pin site. It is a lousy site with many broken links. It really needs some work.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
          I'd be curious to hear more about the mis-information on the disney pin site. It is a lousy site with many broken links. It really needs some work.
          Oh the site is HORRIBLE! I'm glad someone mentioned it at the meeting. They must have the most junior cast member assigned to that website.
          Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
            Here's what the shareholder said about it:

"There's a website that Disney operates to tell when and where pins will be released, how many of them for limited editions, things like that. That website is sadly managed. It's always out of date. It's often incorrect on release dates. I've been there when people have come from out of town specifically for released pins, and those pins aren't there. That's not acceptable, when people travel from Utah and Arizona to Disneyland specifically for that, and are told the pin will be there next week."

Unfortunately, the shareholder started with a long complaint about how he finds it a "bit annoying" when a Disney operation does not extend a discount to him — despite being a shareholder, Disney Chase Visa cardholder, D23 member, and good Disney customer. The part about the pin website got lost, and Bob Iger thought the shareholder was saying that he was denied a discount that he was entitled to.
            Werner Weiss
            Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

No question regarding Song of the South being released? Shocking!

Not that the answer would've been any different, but we must let Disney know that the demand for it is still alive.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X