X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct. 1, 2012: World Showcase at Night in 1983

Happy Anniversary to Epcot!

EPCOT Center opened 30 years ago, October 1, 1982.

I was was there in January 1983, when the amazing new park was just a few months old. In today’s photo essay, please join me on an evening stroll around World Showcase Lagoon, almost 30 years ago.

Link to Yesterland.com: World Showcase at Night in 1983
    Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: Oct. 1, 2012: World Showcase at Night in 1983

Thank you for the look back. My sister and I were there in 1982 and I remember how amazing those touch screens were at the time. It was unbelievable that all you had to do was touch a T.V. screen with your finger and something on the screen would happen. Wonderful futuristic stuff at the time. Thanks again.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

Comment

We wonder what Epcot has in store for the next twenty years. Will it still be a mis-mash of "we-don't-know-what-to-do", "Let's-Based-it-off-of" and "We're-cutting-and-raising-more-prices" Future World pavilions with no such form of educational fun and new attractions; and no new World Showcase pavilions and attractions? Or will there be finally a more through thought behind the current Future World pavilions, in the form of Edutainment; and new WS pavilions and attractions?

Sorry to sound so far-flung, but I love this park and I hope someone in the company has the brains (not the pencils) to know what's not yet available, but coming and present it, like Corning Glass for example.

Also, I love your the old photos of WS at night.

Timekeeper
      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I miss those World Key Satellite kiosks. They were ahead of their time and very useful.
        A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. ~ Groucho Marx

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X