This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skull Rock photo's?

I am hoping some of you "old time Disneylanders" can post your pics of Skull Rock? I have downloaded several off the net but I am hoping some of you will have better ones (or at least from different perspectives).

Thanks!
    Mirror, mirror on the wall...

Re: Skull Rock photo's?

I have some in 3D. I'll have to get them scanned for you...
    -Tim

Comment

3D?
      Wow, sounds cool, I can't wait to see them!

Comment

I would love to see photos of Skull Rock. I did not even know it existed until I saw an old photo and thought it was SO amazing. Don't get me wrong, I like Rivers of America but man, I would have really loved to see Skull Rock in person before it was removed.

Comment

disneylandpostcards.com has a couple of postcards of Skull Rock scanned - they're great. I miss it so...
          sigpic

Comment

Fun to see the postcards from skull rock and the pirate's ship in Disneyland! Beacause I am so used to skull rock and the pirate's ship in Disneyland Paris. See the picture under Adventureland: http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/di...park/index.htm

It could be twins! The ressemblance is really striking I think.

Somewhere I read that the ship and skull rock had to make way for the Fantasyland redo in 1983 (?). And that the ship accidentely fell apart...waht a shame! In Disneyland Paris it is really one of my favourites spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommie View Post
              Somewhere I read that the ship and skull rock had to make way for the Fantasyland redo in 1983 (?). And that the ship accidentely fell apart...waht a shame! In Disneyland Paris it is really one of my favourites spots.
              At DL it was always one of my favorite places. I would always make that my lunch spot. Inside they ship, they served the most AMAZING meatball sandwiches. Behind the ship was a cool area where you could eat. It was surounded by rock formations and a lot of foliage (as I remember). You sort of sat on the rock formations that made benches.

Man, I wish they would have kept that. My boys would have loved to run around the pirate ship...

Comment

Here's one from my first trip to Disneyland in 1979.

Comment

I'm guessing Skull Rock is before my time..I do not remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by LlamaLover View Post
                    I would love to see photos of Skull Rock. I did not even know it existed until I saw an old photo and thought it was SO amazing. Don't get me wrong, I like Rivers of America but man, I would have really loved to see Skull Rock in person before it was removed.
                    Skull Rock was actully in Fantasyland!

It was where Dumbo is now.

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                      I'm guessing Skull Rock is before my time..I do not remember it.

It got removed in the great Fantasyland refurb in 1983. You must not have been going by then, or you just don't remember it. I know I have no particular memory of it, expect for my Mom's picture. I do remember the original Snow White Scary Adventure. It scared me when i was 3.

Comment

The sad thing for me is that I'm sure I went to DL at least once while this was around, but I have no memory of it (and if my parents took photos, I can't find them).

How I'd love to be able to see it live.
                        She did it!

Comment

Originally posted by Never Grow Up View Post
                          Skull Rock was actully in Fantasyland!

It was where Dumbo is now.
                          Awww man, that makes it even cooler since we could have had Skull Rock AND Rivers of America. It would have been so perfect in Fantasyland and makes much more sense, thanks for setting me straight.

Comment

Mellonballer, thanks for the pic. It really is a great pic too, must have been taken from the Skyway (another Yesterland attraction) it looks like.

Skull Rock was a beautiful area and it's a shame it was taken out and replaced by Dumbo. I would've thought they could've found a place for Dumbo somewhere and not removed Skull Rock.

After reading about the possible transformation of Tom Sawyer's island to a pirate island I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, they could add a new Skull Rock on it (fingers crossed!).
                            :captain:

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Mirror View Post
                              After reading about the possible transformation of Tom Sawyer's island to a pirate island I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, they could add a new Skull Rock on it (fingers crossed!).:captain:
                              Interesting idea! I know it would be sad to say good-bye to TSI but if we could get Skull Rock back it might ease the pain a little.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X