This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submarine Voyage Mermaids!!!

Anyone have some great pics of both the "real" and AA Mermaids that were featured throughout the life of the Sumbarine Voyage? I have always had a fascination with them! Thanks :0)
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Re: Submarine Voyage Mermaids!!!

No photos, but I think should bring them back "-)

Comment

All I can say is that they are on the Disney Treasures Disneyland USA DVD's in the 10th anniversary episode. . That is all the info I can provide.

Comment

yeah, i have that. oh well. i just wish they would bring them back!
        *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

Go through google images

Comment

Old Disneyland Postcards
            Is this haunted signature
            actually
            stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
            Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
            also known as...
            Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Just curious, how did they get the CMs to the rocks? Did they use a boat or could they swim with those tail costumes?

Comment

I've never been on the Submarine ride, but it's nice to see it back.

:ot:, But :

From Autopia's queue, I saw a great view of the construction for the Finding Nemo ride I hope they include something like the mermaids.

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                  Just curious, how did they get the CMs to the rocks? Did they use a boat or could they swim with those tail costumes?
                  I think they swam (though I'm not sure). When they were casting, the girls had to be a certain height and very good swimmers.

I hope they'll have mermaids in the new Subs too. I'd imagine they'll be there, though...I think there would be an uproar if they weren't.

Last edited by pineapplewhipaddict; 11-23-2006, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                    Yes, they did swim! When I was a wee little girl, I remember watching the newly-hired mermaids swimming in the DL Hotel pool, practicing with their new tails, while my family was on vacation.

I've taken the liberty of using one of Darkbeer's fabulous sub lagoon photos from Fall 2004, to point out the 'magic portal' which the mermaids used to enter/exit the lagoon:

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/214702/3/8275840/Original

If you draw a straight line down from the left side of the stone bridge in front of the waterfall on the Matterhorn, to where it intersects the water in the lagoon, you'll see a section of low flat rock, and a dark space underneath. That's the entrance/exit which the mermaids used. But I have no idea where the tunnel eventually ends up.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Originally posted by AhLowHee View Post

From Autopia's queue, I saw a great view of the construction for the Finding Nemo ride I hope they include something like the mermaids.
                      It is doubtful that they will considering there were no mermaids in "Finding Nemo"

Comment

Originally posted by Never Grow Up View Post
                        It is doubtful that they will considering there were no mermaids in "Finding Nemo"
                        From the reports I've read, it's supposed to be mostly like the old Submarine Voyage but incorporating Finding Nemo into it...so intermixing the two.

Then again things might have changed since Lasseter came onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
                          If you draw a straight line down from the left side of the stone bridge in front of the waterfall on the Matterhorn, to where it intersects the water in the lagoon, you'll see a section of low flat rock, and a dark space underneath. That's the entrance/exit which the mermaids used. But I have no idea where the tunnel eventually ends up.
                          Thanks for the information! I wonder if there is a mini-utilidor like tunnel that leads to the inside of the Matterhorn or something. Somehow that wouldn't surprise me.

I should ask my Dad what he remembers (although it usually isn't much) since he always talked about how he "loved" the mermaids - even though as a young teenage boy he had his own reasons.

Comment

I would think the tunnel would lead to the circlevision/ buzz building. It would make sense, that is where buzz, ariel, storm troopers, and darthvader/maul change.

Also, Tomorrowland has a lower level, right?

Comment

Its my understanding that the high levels of chlorine in the sub lagoon caused the poor mermaids hair and finger nails to fall out. A rather gruesome outcome if the tale is true. Others more knowledgeable on the boards may want to fact check this. If true, real live mermaids most likely would not be returning.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X