This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec. 8, 2006: Christmas in Yesterland

Disneyland has been decorated for Christmas every year, all the way back to 1955. This Yesterland entry has some examples of decorations from the past.
    Link to Christmas in Yesterland.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: Dec. 8, 2006: Christmas in Yesterland

I almost want to go decorate my House of the Future replica. :lol:
    A Player piano would be so cool to try. I haven's seen one of those anywhere since I was a kid.
    Even though those trees are in the water, they look like they could use some(I know that was the trend then) I would love to see some pictures of Babes In Toyland at the park.

These last 3 years have been our only visits to the park during the Christmas Holiday. I wouldn't trade it for the world. It really looks wonderful every year. I will say this year is a flood of beautiful decorations.

Thanks Werner.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Werner,

You forgot to mention the big star they would put on top of the Matterhorn during Christmas. Good article.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
        Werner,

You forgot to mention the big star they would put on top of the Matterhorn during Christmas. Good article.
        I remember that. I wish I had a picture of that. I guess they don't do that any more.

I think I have not been to Disneyland during the Christmas season since the 1970's.
        Werner Weiss
        Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
          I almost want to go decorate my House of the Future replica. :lol:
          That's funny. As soon as I saw that House of the Future photo, I looked up at our replica and imagined how it would look decorated for Christmas!

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
          A Player piano would be so cool to try. I haven's seen one of those anywhere since I was a kid.
          MickeyMaxx and I are going to a Christmas party tomorrow. The host couple has a player piano that we gather around every year and sing Christmas carols and other classic songs. It is a highlight of the holiday season for me.
          Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Werner Weiss View Post
            I remember that. I wish I had a picture of that. I guess they don't do that any more.

this tradition ended during the "energy crisis" of the '70's.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Werner Weiss View Post
              Disneyland has been decorated for Christmas every year, all the way back to 1955. This Yesterland entry has some examples of decorations from the past.
              Link to Christmas in Yesterland.
              Very nice, thanks for sharing.
              Makes me wish I was there when they first opened. Oh wait I was. hehe I was a child but I was there.
              http://www.buriedriches.com

http://playitontheweb.com

Miss Ec

1997 - Cosmic Rays Cafe - MK
              1998 - PDC 2000 - MK
              1999- Electric Umbrella - Epcot
              1999-Flyte Team Futrure World - Epcot
              2000- All Star Movies - Food Court

Comment

Fun and interesting article. Thanks Werner

And thanks for the pic of the Matterhorn star, ML!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

you're welcome

it didn't look all that impressive during the day... but, at night, it was a beacon of joy, hope and peace.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MinionLumbo View Post

That is a great shot! Along with the star the people mover, the buckets, what memories. This is our first trip to the park during the holidays and I can't wait. They will star their own memories.

I would love to see any pictures anyone may have of the Babes in Toyland display from all those many years ago. That is still one of my favorite movies during the holidays. It was a tradition at our house as kids.

thanks for a great article.
                    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
                    --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
                    Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rixter View Post
                      That's funny. As soon as I saw that House of the Future photo, I looked up at our replica and imagined how it would look decorated for Christmas!

It's fun isn't it. I think there is still time, I will have to find a ribbon and see how it turns out.

MickeyMaxx and I are going to a Christmas party tomorrow. The host couple has a player piano that we gather around every year and sing Christmas carols and other classic songs. It is a highlight of the holiday season for me.
                      Now that is a fun tradtion! What a nice way to celebrate the Hoildays.
                      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by Rixter View Post

Now that is a fun tradtion! What a nice way to celebrate the Hoildays.

The repilca is cool. I think there is still time, I will have to find a ribbon and see how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by MinionLumbo View Post

What a great picture!! Thanks for sharing

I loved those Christmas photos, thanks so much for sharing them

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X