This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan. 19, 2007: Conestoga Wagons

This week, I've added the Conestoga Wagons (1955-1959) to Yesterland.
    Link to Conestoga Wagons.
    Please discuss it here.
    Last edited by Werner Weiss; 01-18-2007, 08:48 PM.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: Jan. 19, 2007: Conestoga Wagons

What an experience that must have been. Riding a Conestoga Wagon past the Rivers of America during the early beginnings of the park.
    I would rather have the wagons back then a Frie stand.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

that sounds like fun.

it's too bad you don't really see new attractions like this any more, the type that is just "an experience." now-a-days it's all about the E-ticket.

Comment

Seeing the Mark Twain drive past the wagons is really surreal. It really gives some time scale as to just how far the Twain goes back, but it's also really weird because I'm so used to seeing it with 21st century tourists with a modern background.

Some areas of Disneyland were so radically different, it's so fun to see something TOTALLY different like that inside Disneyland. I didn't know the McFry Cart actually called back to an old attraction, but when I saw the first picture of the real attraction I though, "Wait a minute, that looks familiar", lol.

$3 for McDonald's fries and people flock to it, no wonder Disney feels it can charge over $60 per person at the front gate.

Comment

Comment

i was lucky enough to ride the pack mule train on my first visit in the summer of 68, but i think the wagons were closed by then... and didn't i hear that, not unlike todays disgusting suv's they were subject to the occasional tipover? (one of the reasons they were shut down)
            sigpic

Comment

How sad is it that I clicked on this and scrolled down waiting for the inevitable fry cart to appear?

Comment

I've got a readalong soundtrack for Westward Ho The Wagons - I never saw the movie, but as soon as I saw the Fry Cart, I immediately thought of it.
                See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X