This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm doing Disneyland research for a co-worker

I did a search and didn't find this, so I'm sorry if it has been discussed before.

My co-worker was telling me about going to DL in the 1960's and seeing Pocahontas pouring fire down a waterfall, and the whole thing lighting up. She claims her memory isn't the best with this, but she remembers seeing this as a kid. Is there any truth to this, or are her memory and imagination playing tricks on her?

Thanks for your help!

Re: I'm doing Disneyland research for a co-worker

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
    I did a search and didn't find this, so I'm sorry if it has been discussed before.

My co-worker was telling me about going to DL in the 1960's and seeing Pocahontas pouring fire down a waterfall, and the whole thing lighting up. She claims her memory isn't the best with this, but she remembers seeing this as a kid. Is there any truth to this, or are her memory and imagination playing tricks on her?
    If your co-worker is remembering the 1960s, it wouldn't be Pocahontas from Disney's 1995 animated feature, Pocahontas.

There was a Pocahontas stage show at Disneyland from 1995-1997. See http://www.yesterland.com/spirit.html
    Last edited by Werner Weiss; 11-09-2007, 08:14 AM.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

Re: I'm doing Disneyland research for a co-worker

Hmm... that makes sense. I knew there was no waterfall in the Indian Village, and I know she wasn't referring to the animated Pocahontas. It may have been the Tahitian Terrace. IDK. I'll have to talk to her on Monday.

Again, she was a kid at the time (in the 60's) and claimed her memory might have been a little hazy on the details...

Hopefully we can get some others in here that might know some other details.

BUT, thank you for your help.
      Last edited by dland_lover; 11-03-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X