This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After watching the new Disneyland Treasures DVD

I went looking on the Yesterland site for info on the Viewliner Train, sadly that's an article yet to be written, any idea of a release date on that? :thumbup:

Thanks,
    Scott45

Re: After watching the new Disneyland Treasures DVD

Originally posted by Scott45 View Post
    I went looking on the Yesterland site for info on the Viewliner Train, sadly that's an article yet to be written, any idea of a release date on that?
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

Are there any other elements of Disney you might be looking for I have access to 4 trips going back as far as the 70's. I'll dig through and see what I c an find.

Comment

Originally posted by pongee View Post
        Are there any other elements of Disney you might be looking for I have access to 4 trips going back as far as the 70's. I'll dig through and see what I c an find.
        There are many rides, shows, shops, and restaurants from the 1980s and 1970s (and earlier) missing from Yesterland.

Off the top of my head, the list includes Flight to the Moon, Mission to Mars, CircleVision 360, the Jolly Trolly (when it was moving), Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade, Hills Bros. Coffee House, Motorboar Cruise through Gummi Glen, Mile Long Bar, 25th anniversary, 30th anniversary, 35th anniversary, 40th anniversary, 45th anniversary, Pendleton Woolen Mills, Frontierland Arcade Gun Collection, Welch's Grape Juice Bar, Fantasyland Autopia, and the Big Game Shooting Gallery.

For anyone who has pictures from the 1950s and 1960s, I'm interested in just about everything!

I'm also looking for additional photos (more photos or better photos) of things that I already have at Yesterland.
        Werner Weiss

Comment

I remember the WDW 15th Anniv. it was rather boring for a kid
          there was always the Electrice Parade though, the only thing that has ever come close was Spectromagic and I really dont think it was asgood, though the music was incredible.
          I'll see what I can dig up for ya..................incredible site by the way, I'm only 27 but I still very much enjoy anything I can find out about disney

Comment

Ah,
            well I won't be able to supply any pictures as I'm an East Coastie. Unless you branch out and do Yester Disney World, my folks still have a bunch of photo's from our 2nd trip around '75 with a few good shots of DW's Main Street Electric Parade. My last visit was a year ago,so many changes some good, some horrifying (Nemo's Subs bulldozed over) but still an enjoyable time.

Keep up the fantastic labor of love, I hope to visit the little park that started it all sometime.

Comment

Ah,
              well I won't be able to supply any pictures as I'm an East Coastie. Unless you branch out and do Yester Disney World, my folks still have a bunch of photo's from our 2nd trip around '75 with a few good shots of DW's Main Street Electric Parade.
              I'm slowly adding some Walt Disney World content too. My first visit to WDW was just under 25 years ago. Epcot had just opened. I took some photos, but I wish I had taken more.

I hope that, some day, one or more Yesterland readers will find family pictures of the Swan Boats, Mickey Mouse Revue, the old Tomorrowland attractions, old Future World attractions, and so on. Then I would be able to add good "Yester World" content to the site.
              Werner Weiss

Comment

I went looking on the Yesterland site for info on the Viewliner Train, sadly that's an article yet to be written, any idea of a release date on that? :thumbup:

Thanks,
                Scott45

http://davelandweb.com/viewliner/
                give that website a look-see
                hes got a few good pics of the viewliner
                (this is a pointles fact but Amtrak actually had a train they called the viewliner)

anyway what Daveland might have besides that I couldnt tell you as I found the link at 4am and havnt looked at it myself yet, just thought Id pass it on

Comment

Originally posted by pongee View Post
                  http://davelandweb.com/viewliner/
                  give that website a look-see
                  hes got a few good pics of the viewliner
                  (this is a pointles fact but Amtrak actually had a train they called the viewliner)

anyway what Daveland might have besides that I couldnt tell you as I found the link at 4am and havnt looked at it myself yet, just thought Id pass it on
                  Dave DeCaro has many excellent historic Disneyland photos at his site, Daveland. I have a link to Dave's main site and his blog on Yesterland's Disney Park History Links page. Also, Dave sometimes posts here on MiceChat.

I think it's good that readers see different photos at Yesterland and Daveland. I think that makes both sites better. For this reason, I've never asked Dave for photos. That doesn't mean I'll never do so in the future. The time may come when, to tell a complete story, I need photos that aren't unique.

I already use many photos from Allen Huffman's DisneyFans.com site, with his permission. Allen has over 53,000 photos online. Most are fairly recent. DisneyFans.com is not a history site, and, because he has so many photos, it's unlikely most Yesterland readers will already have seen the photos at Allen's site.
                  Werner Weiss

Comment

Neat,
                    But does anyone know what became of the 2 Engines or the railcars after they were removed from the Park?

Comment

I would venture to guess that they were either sold off or totally disassembled and sold for parts

Comment

the Disneyland Viewliner
                        The Tomorrowland train featured cars that were named for the planets, while the cars of the Fantasyland train were named after various Disney characters.

What was the Characters Name on Fantasyland train cars?

One of the question from Disneyland Secrets, Stories & Magic DVD

this Attractions last only one year 1957-1958
                        was replace with monorail.
                        Last edited by akfandisney; 12-28-2007, 08:57 PM.
                        AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                        Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                        Older photo
                        New Photo

Member of
                        MiceChat WDW Trip
                        Next trip
                        2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
                          the Disneyland Viewliner
                          The Tomorrowland train featured cars that were named for the planets, while the cars of the Fantasyland train were named after various Disney characters.

What was the Characters Name on Fantasyland train cars?

One of the question from Disneyland Secrets, Stories & Magic DVD

this Attractions last only one year 1957-1958
                          was replace with monorail.
                          well after three try found out is not Snow white.
                          AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                          Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                          Older photo
                          New Photo

Member of
                          MiceChat WDW Trip
                          Next trip
                          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse