This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 21, 2008: Real Buildings that Inspired Disney-MGM Studios, Part 2

It's now Disney's Hollywood Studios, but it was Disney-MGM Studios when it opened in 1989.

Last year, I published Real Buildings that Inspired Disney-MGM Studios, Part 1, comparing five Disney versions to actual Los Angeles area "originals."

Here's Part 2, with six more buildings.
    Link to Real Buildings that Inspired Disney-MGM Studios, Part 2 at Yesterland
    Please discuss it here.
    Last edited by Werner Weiss; 03-21-2008, 12:34 PM.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: March 21, 2008: Real Buildings that Inspired Disney-MGM Studios, Part 2

This series is absolutely amazing. I have a new appreciation for these Disney buildings and look forward to seeing them in person again.

Seeing the Max Factor building's fate as a Mel's Drive-in was a little disturbing.
    Rick

Comment

I love that DWP building, we have checked it out several times. They are doing some nice restoration work on it now.

Comment

Fabulous and Amazing, the attention to detail here is just incredible.

I always felt like I was in Hollywood, CA when walking down the streets at DHS, but never quite knew why. It's neat, although a little sad to see the original inspiration for these buildings, and it just helps to make it feel even more "Hollywood-esqe".
        Imagineering by Grumpyfan

Comment

Another amazing Yester Studios installment! I can't wait for Part 3.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X