Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

    The Mad Tea Party is still in Disneyland, but the original Mad Tea Party is in Yesterland.
    Link to The Original Mad Tea Party at Yesterland
    Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

  • #2
    Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

    Thank you for a great article on the Mad Tea Party, I loved learning about the history of this attraction and that it was originally located somewhere else.

    Good job!

    :thumbup:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

      I loved those old pictures. I had to look closely at some of them - those crew-cut boys in their nice button down shirts could have easily been me and my brothers back in the early 60's!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

        I remember my childhood in Black and white. I love it when truly it happened in Technicolor! Those photos are fabulous! Thanks Werner!
        "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
        I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

          Did anyone else notice in the photo where the red & yellow platter needs cleaning, that two very early costumed versions of Mickey & Minnie are in the crowd. They can be seen in the top center portion of the photo. Pretty cool.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

            Interesting that the original turntable was made of wood! And unpainted in one of thephotos (the circa 1955 photo).

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

              Hi Werner, great article, always enjoy when Yesterland gets an update! I'm old enough to remember when the teacups just had that canvas strap across the door, then an exposed chain, then a vinyl-covered chain, and now proper doors.

              Three quick questions if anybody knows:

              1:With all the fussing with safety features on the doors, has anybody actually fallen out of a teacup?

              2:Can the teacup free-spin or is there still a limiter device on how fast you can spin them.

              3: What's the French name for the attraction in French: "Les tasses

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

                Originally posted by McDuck View Post
                Did anyone else notice in the photo where the red & yellow platter needs cleaning, that two very early costumed versions of Mickey & Minnie are in the crowd. They can be seen in the top center portion of the photo. Pretty cool.
                First, welcome to MiceChat!

                I never noticed Mickey and Minnie when I was preparing the photos. That's a great observation! I went back to the original image file. Here's a view that shows Mickey and Minnie.

                Werner Weiss
                Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

                  Originally posted by Katella Gate View Post
                  Hi Werner, great article, always enjoy when Yesterland gets an update! I'm old enough to remember when the teacups just had that canvas strap across the door, then an exposed chain, then a vinyl-covered chain, and now proper doors.

                  Three quick questions if anybody knows:

                  1:With all the fussing with safety features on the doors, has anybody actually fallen out of a teacup?

                  2:Can the teacup free-spin or is there still a limiter device on how fast you can spin them.

                  3: What's the French name for the attraction in French: "Les tasses
                  The Teacups (and a similar ride at DCA: Francis's Lady Bug Boogie) have governors on them that will limit how fast and how long you can spin.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

                    Originally posted by Katella Gate View Post
                    3: What's the French name for the attraction in French: "Les tasses
                    According to the French version of the official Disneyland Paris website, the French name of the attraction is... Mad Hatter's Tea Cups.

                    See http://idf-parcs.disneylandparis.fr/...nd/index.xhtml
                    Mad Hatter's Tea Cups
                    Werner Weiss
                    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

                      Have the turntable mechanisms and the teacups themselves all been replaced over the years, or are there parts of the teacups that have been in service for over 50 years? Or does anyone know?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

                        Great article.

                        Is the teacup outside the present ride one of the originals? I've been under the impression that it is. Or for that matter, are they all original? (There appear to be subtle differences, mainly with the "saucer" part and the shape of the doorways.)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: May 2, 2008: The Original Mad Tea Party

                          Originally posted by drb View Post
                          Have the turntable mechanisms and the teacups themselves all been replaced over the years, or are there parts of the teacups that have been in service for over 50 years? Or does anyone know?
                          Originally posted by HighLeveller View Post
                          Is the teacup outside the present ride one of the originals? I've been under the impression that it is. Or for that matter, are they all original? (There appear to be subtle differences, mainly with the "saucer" part and the shape of the doorways.)
                          Werner Weiss
                          Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X