• Show
Clear All
  • dazwin
    New MiceChatter
    • Aug 2008

[Question] Questions about HKD

Hello all
    My wife and I are going to HKD 3 to 7 of Feb 2009 only 6 weeks away
    I would like to know is there Photo Pass like Disneyland we liked the idea and was great to get some good photo's.
    We are staying at the Hollywood Hotel can we still book a tour of Hong Kong at the front desk.
    Thank you for your help
    Really looking forward as this will be a new experience for us.
    Disneyland Resort = Aug 2002 Done
    Disneyland Resort = May/June 2008 Done
    Hong Kong Disneyland = Feb 2009 Done
    Disneyland Resort = Jan/Feb 2010 27 th Wedding Anniversary Done
    Disneyland Resort = Nov/Dec 2010 Done

Hong Kong Disneyland = Sept 2011
  • TDLFAN
    Banned User
    • Feb 2005

Re: Questions about HKD

Yes, they have a service similar to photopass and these photographers are all over the park. There are lots of photo ops with characters in several areas and they can also take your pictures in some popular areas, like the castle, the hub, etc.. You can pick up your photos one hour later at the Camera Center on Main Street. Beware: lines there are LONG!!

One thing to keep in mind.. HKDL is still a very small park. You probably won't need more than a day to see it all. But get to the park early and DO NOT RUSH. Take in the small details, see all of the shows... and you will have a full day.

I stayed at the Hollywood Hotel as well. Lovely resort by the China Sea. You will love it. Very art deco in a Mickey kind of way!

The City is nearby... and can be done at ease. The train service from HKDL (with one connection at Sunny Bay station) is quick and covenient. You will be in Hong Kong's Station and Central in 30 minutes. Once you arrive at the airport.. do take a few of the brochures they have for tours and tourist info. They can come in very handy in planning your visit!

Have fun in Hong Kong.. as it is one of the most spectacular cities on Earth.

Comment

• dazwin
      New MiceChatter
      • Aug 2008

Thank you for your help We understand that you that HKD can be done in a day but with the 2 days for 1 day price deal is to good to pass up. And yes we will stop and smell the flowers and enjoying taking in the small details I think alot of people dont.

Is there any Disney discount shops like in the USA

It is only a 4 day trip we are thinking 2 days for Disneyland and 2 days shopping and sightseeing

For shopping we are looking for ladies shoes and silk flowers and a nice outfit for my wife for our daughters wedding later in the year
      Disneyland Resort = Aug 2002 Done
      Disneyland Resort = May/June 2008 Done
      Hong Kong Disneyland = Feb 2009 Done
      Disneyland Resort = Jan/Feb 2010 27 th Wedding Anniversary Done
      Disneyland Resort = Nov/Dec 2010 Done

Hong Kong Disneyland = Sept 2011

Comment

• TDLFAN
        Banned User
        • Feb 2005

NO discount shops at HKDL's Main Street.

Comment

• Katsmom
          MiceChatter
          • Sep 2006

Get off the MTR in TST, take a walk down Nathan Road. You'll be accosted by 1000 taylors. You'll get your nice outfit for a song. Do it on the first day so you have a chance to get fittings done, and any alterations that you may need.

I've had some nice silk suits made for around 300 US$. I'm kind of small, maybe 5'5", 110 lbs soaking wet. I'm not sure if this makes a difference. Cotton and linen suits are cheaper.

Forget the shoes, 16 years here and the only ones I've found that fit nicely are imported (mostly Timberland and Bass) If you find some, post the place here!

Each of the shops has a special offer if you spend HK$200 or more. YOu can save receipts and add them up too. Sometimes porter's shop has 50% off merchandise, but at that time of year it probably won't happpen.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X