• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PennysBayChronicle
    MiceChatter
    • Sep 2005

Hong Kong govt may be asked for funds for proposed Disneyland expansion

In a Q&A session, HK Government representative said that Actual Average Daily Attendance at HKDL is very close to their expected average daily attendance 15,000 (first year target being 5.6 million).

Keep up the good work!!!
  • tloolgb
    Internet.Serious Business
    • May 2005

Re: Hong Kong govt may be asked for funds for proposed Disneyland expansion

Nice so in other words Disney needs to expand and wants Hong Kong to fork the budget for the bigger rides.
    Not bad.

Comment

• Reaver
      Reaver of Souls
      • Jan 2005

They've learned a lesson from DLR and Anaheim's dealings, apparantly...
      Honor those who fall under the sword.
      But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

• Witches of Morva
        Minion
        • Jan 2005

ORDDU: They may have learned a lesson but it's too bad they didn't learn the RIGHT lesson--which is one Walt always promoted; the idea of giving guests more than they could see so they'd want to return for more. Over building the number of necessary hotels is the only thing they really seem to have learned. Holding guests and--now--other governments hostage in order to make them do what you want before providing them with any more attractions is a rather nasty way to do business--although a witch acknowledges it's a common practice throughout the world today.

ORWEN: I think it's sad that Uncle Walt's company has been turned into a manipulation machine just for the sake of some upper management types who thrive on nothing but greed!! No wonder so many refer to Disney as 'the Evil Empire'...

Comment

• DisneyMickey
          Banned User
          • Jan 2005

I don't like this build little now, add a lot later scheme Disney has with building their parks now-a-days. if it had not been for over doing the hotels at Disneyland Paris and a few other things, this mentality would have never been brought about. It wasn't that they spent too much on the details that make Disney quality, Disney quality, it was that they built too many hotels. That and Paul Pressler, but Disney needs to slow down, work on the problems they have in Anaheim, Paris, and Hong Kong, and then decide to move forward with other places. Unfortunately, with Hong Kong, it is doing the buisness that has been projected for it, and I am sure Disney is convincing itself that the way they built Hong Kong is the way to go from now on. There isn't much that compels you to visit Hong Kong over and over again. You can see it all in one day. They could have built a masterpiece and made even more money and had even more satisfaction with numbers and such, and they wouldn't have to worry about going back and fixing it. Now they are trying to get the gov. to pay for it...my god, what is happening to Disney?

Comment

• captsmith84
            Banned User
            • Jan 2005

There is no reason Disney has built in Hong Kong other than the fact that Disney cheated the Chineese govt. out of millions of dollars in exchange for Disney TV rights in China, which they already had with ESPN. Unfortunately it was overlooked and now the park is going to face the music. You will see... once people go there once, they will stop going back. Next year there will be a big lack of repeat visitors.

Comment

• Flaming Cabin
              UH..LIKE DUH..
              • May 2005

From what i hear, the park is not hitting its projections at all and isnt that crowded since the opening weeks. look at the photos we see posted here on MC and it doesnt look too busy. dustys pix look rather scant.

Comment

• PennysBayChronicle
                MiceChatter
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Flaming Cabin
                From what i hear, the park is not hitting its projections at all and isnt that crowded since the opening weeks. look at the photos we see posted here on MC and it doesnt look too busy. dustys pix look rather scant.
                depends what time of the year the pictures were taken. I have been at the park many times. it was busy during Golden Week in October. I went last friday(28th October), and lots of people there. I could see many people waiting to watch the firework shows just in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle.October (excluding Golden Week) is traditionally a slow month. I do believe more people will be visiting the park since the weather is getting less humid and more comfortable, daytime temperatures are around 24-27 degrees celcius and night time temperatures around 20-23 degrees celcius. HKDL will be doing fine.

and they do need to expand the park to attract repeating customers..
                Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 10-30-2005, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jan 2005

Does anybody know what theme they have in mind for the eventual build out of the second gate (after they fill in some more of the bay with landfill.)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X