This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News HKDL Attendance Grows

Source: Hong Kong News Headlines | Hong Kong's premier newspaper online | SCMP.com

Disneyland visitor numbers grow 35pc

Hong Kong Disneyland received 35 per cent more visitors from the mainland and overseas between April and June than in the same period a year ago, according to Walt Disney Company executives. Jay Rasulo, Disney's senior executive vice-president and chief financial officer, pointed to higher spending in Paris and Hong Kong, saying, "Attendance was up 1 per cent in Paris and up 35 per cent in Hong Kong, which was driven by higher guest visitation from mainland China and international markets." - By Dennis Eng

Re: HKDL Attendance Grows

That's very good news.
    Which begs the question.. will they keep the momentum going with a 5th anniversary celebration? Or is that pretty much a mute point with Disney management in HK?
    With the recently announced halloween event beginning on sept 16th, there is no mention of anything related to the park's 5th anniversary which takes place the day Halloween begins..

Comment

Well...A 5th Anniversary celebration is confirmed with the local newspapers releasing an article a couple of months ago on it which i also posted here: http://micechat.com/forums/hong-kong...niversary.html

Comment

With the accident in the Shenzhen theme park that resulted in the death of 6 people, I can see HKDL keeping up the good performance in the short to medium term future.
        Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
        Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
        Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
        Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post
          With the accident in the Shenzhen theme park that resulted in the death of 6 people, I can see HKDL keeping up the good performance in the short to medium term future.

Comment

God forbid. I went to Ocean Park yesterday and dared ride some of those carny rides.. and the pandas were so cute. have pics, will share soon.

Comment

That Ocean Park Cable ride is one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. Although I'm sure its perfectly safe

I'm happy to see Hong Kong Disneyland keeping the momentum going this year. It deserves the attendance increase after all the fantastic events and programmes its given park Guests over the last few months.

I too think its about time we heard a little bit more on whats happening with the 5th Anniversary celebrations. Steve Davison did confirm a while back he was working on a new Parade for the Anniversary. With Summer coming to an end soon. Now's the time to start spilling the beans about what we have to look forward too! Anyone else think the 5th will follow a Tokyo Disney Resort format and be presented in phases.
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Yeah, I hope there's more in it for returning customers. Fingers-crossed for a new parade or fireworks show. I'd even be ecstatic over importing the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Comment

How do you think the management interprets such good news?
                  a. "Wow, attendance is up, we don't need to do anything special and they will still come in droves, so let's get out the budget axe!"
                  b. "Let's keep this positive momentum and build better and more stuff to keep them coming back."

Comment

At WDW, "A" most definitely, but here? they need to work harder at it to keep customers coming... so I would hope "B".

Comment

^^

WDW has about ten times as many ticket sales as HKDL...they can usually get away with complacency, as they have been doing for the last 15 years or so...HKDL certainly cannot
                      Down with the Hat

Comment

Well management anywhere has to work super hard to control customers like Mainland Chinese. Take a look:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_jDhT73kFE]YouTube - Hong Kong Disneyland - Humans Nv follow Simple instruction[/ame]

Do they even listen to anything the CMs say?

Comment

Originally posted by HKDLFAN View Post
                          Well management anywhere has to work super hard to control customers like Mainland Chinese. Take a look:

YouTube - Hong Kong Disneyland - Humans Nv follow Simple instruction

Do they even listen to anything the CMs say?
                          I doubt it's a language issue either, as the CM told those guests to sit down in at least 3 different languages. They probably just want to get a better view by sticking their heads out while the train is moving. Either way, it's frustrating when you have these guests who just blatantly disobey specific rules. The mainland guests were by far the worst part of my trip to Hong Kong Disneyland. Not only did I experience frequent line cutting, but I also saw parents standing up with their children on rides to take flash pictures (with their child sitting on the edge of the car/boat). And of course, they will also often break into very loud conversation even with other guests in the same vehicle- preventing others from enjoying the attraction.
                          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X