Flickr

Comment

Re: New Mystic Manor interior model video and Danny Elfman

neat

Comment

very cool, thanks for sharing!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
        We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
        Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Hurray for doing things right! This is the step that Disney has needed to take for over a decade. Might be even worth traveling to HK for.

Comment

That looks far better than I thought it would!

I'm excited about Danny Elfman. His work can be hit or miss for me, not as instantly likeable as some other composers, but when he nails it, he nails it. Like the Simpsons theme for instance.

Comment

Hold the phone! Danny Elfman?! Music?! Manor!? Why didn't I hear about this! AHHHHH I love Danny Elfman! Wow, ok, I may just have to go to HK now!

Comment

NICE thanks for sharing!

Looks like Disney is serious towards HKDLs development if they decide to bring an acclaimed composer such as D.F to compose the score for a ride they don't know will be successful given locals haven't as yet adjusted to Disney. I hope the tune sticks to the locals and becomes a hit like 'Grim Grinning Ghosts' is.

Comment

Great stuff, thanks for posting. I thought I was going to be in Hong Kong in April, but will be in Shanghai instead. I will definitely be there when this attraction opens, can't wait!
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks like the Manor could very well shape up to be one of the stars of the show at Hong Kong Disneyland.

I'm still hoping they can add a nod to Grim Grinning Ghosts somewhere - perhaps in the music box?
                    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                    Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                      I'm still hoping they can add a nod to Grim Grinning Ghosts somewhere - perhaps in the music box?
                      I totally agree! In fact that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the model of the monkey. I kept listening closely to the music in video for any hints of Grim Grinning Ghosts.

I think given Elfman's self-proclaimed love for the Haunted Mansion, it would be disappointing not get a nod or two.

Comment

Well, um...

My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

The model at :09 seems to show a bust that reminds me of one of the graveyard busts. Maybe there will be a nod?

Also, the ride is only 4:30 minutes long? Seems a little short, no? Still, exciting to hear Danny Elfman is involved!
                          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                            Also, the ride is only 4:30 minutes long? Seems a little short, no? Still, exciting to hear Danny Elfman is involved!
                            Since it's not an omnimover, the ride will be moving much faster. 4:30 is actually longer than Pooh's Hunny Hunt which is definitely one of the best dark rides around. This won't be like Mystic Manor, where it's pretty much identical to the other Haunted Mansions, this is totally and completely different.

Comment

Glad to see all of the images and models all still suggest the use of the trackless ride system. Some were fearful that it would get cut down to something less exciting like an Omnimover.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X