This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Hong Kong Disneyland Photo Trip Report

In July we were lucky enough to go to Hong Kong Disneyland for the first time. It was a wonderful trip and we really enjoyed the park. While the park is small and in some places the themeing is lacking but the cast members are exceptional and help make up for those problems.

While we had wanted to go to Hong Kong, we had waited to plan a trip due the cost of traveling there and its small size; however, now that we have been there we are VERY glad we had the opportunity to go and look forward to returning in the future. We are really looking forward to the additions they are currently working on and hope they continue to add new attractions and improve the park as it really deserves to succeed.

So here is the first part of my photo trip report

Heading to Hong Kong Disneyland!

We started our first day with a character meal at the Enchanted Grove in the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. It was an interesting mix of what I would consider "normal" breakfast foods and Chinese dishes. Most of the non-Chinese dishes weren't exactly what I was used to; however, I am sure even picky eaters would be able to find something that they would be able to eat. One neat "magical" touch was that some of the vegetables were cut into the shape of Mickey heads and gloves. This was seen throughout the parks with various Mickey shapes showing up often in food LOL.

After Breakfast it was time to head to the park!

Then it was time to enter the park

Our first stop was in the Art of Animation to check out the plans for the expansion

Then we took a ride on the Hong Kong Disneyland Railroad

Then we explored around Fantasyland

Then it was time for the excellent Flights of Fantasy Parade

After the show we were able to meet the cast!

We then headed to Tomorrowland

Then it was time for the 2nd parade

Then we got to meet Tink who came to visit the resort for its 5th Anniversary celebration

Then we went on it's a small world

Then we met Donald and Daisy who were wearing their 5th Anniversary finest

Then we had dinner at the Main Street Corner Cafe

Then there was a party on the Main Street Train Station to watch the Tinker Bell Castle Illumination and the Fireworks

We then left the park for the night after a wonderful first day!

Disney Character Central
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Photo Trip Report

Wow! Great pics you got there!
    Keep em comming!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Comment

ORDDU: Very nice photo's, indeed! Thank you sharing.

Comment

Thanks! Great pictures indeed! It's wonderful to see characters I don't usually see roaming around the park. Is that Goofy and Max?

Comment

...very nice pic...

Comment

Great report, I love your site as well!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
            We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
            Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Originally posted by SirEdge View Post
              Thanks! Great pictures indeed! It's wonderful to see characters I don't usually see roaming around the park. Is that Goofy and Max?
              Yeah that's Max. I used to see him out with Goofy a lot at WDW (got a few hilarious photos with them).

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                Wow! Great pics you got there!
                Keep em comming!
                Thank you! Many more still to come

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                ORDDU: Very nice photo's, indeed! Thank you sharing.
                Thank you... glad you like then

Originally posted by SirEdge View Post
                Thank you! Yes, that is Goofy and Max

Originally posted by Treasure View Post
                ...very nice pic...
                Thank you

Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
                Great report, I love your site as well!
                Thank you Very glad you love our site

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                Yeah that's Max. I used to see him out with Goofy a lot at WDW (got a few hilarious photos with them).
                I love Max he is so cute, fun, and yeah... he used to be out fairly often at WDW and other places but is a lot more rare now
                Have a magical day!
                Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Comment

ORDDU: My sisters and I have often conjured up your web footed site inside our crystal ball and have enjoyed seeing all the character photo's you have there of our many Disney friends. It's important that somebody keep track of all the Disney characters for historical purposes as well as for pleasure. Thank goodness you're doing that!

ORWEN: Now, if only they'd let us Cauldron girls pose for pictures.

ORGOCH: Is ya nuts? Wanna' go an' break somebody's cam'ra?

Comment

Your site is AMAZING! love your pictures..
                    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

Comment

Thanks for this wonderful trip report. Your pictures are great and it seems HKDL is a very beautiful park. I just wish they wouldn't add TSPL. That wonderful park doesn't deserve such an awful addition.

I've notices on your pictures that it says: Disney's Fastpass Distribution. Disney uses that in Florida either and I think in Anaheim as well. But in Paris it the signs just say Fastpass. How is it in Japan?

Can't wait for more of your trip report.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                        ORDDU: My sisters and I have often conjured up your web footed site inside our crystal ball and have enjoyed seeing all the character photo's you have there of our many Disney friends. It's important that somebody keep track of all the Disney characters for historical purposes as well as for pleasure. Thank goodness you're doing that!

ORWEN: Now, if only they'd let us Cauldron girls pose for pictures.

ORGOCH: Is ya nuts? Wanna' go an' break somebody's cam'ra?
                        Very glad you like our site so much It would be awesome to meet some characters from Black Cauldron like you

Originally posted by switttdrfan View Post
                        Your site is AMAZING! love your pictures..
                        Thank you! Glad you like them

Originally posted by Dagobert View Post
                        Thanks for this wonderful trip report. Your pictures are great and it seems HKDL is a very beautiful park. I just wish they wouldn't add TSPL. That wonderful park doesn't deserve such an awful addition.

I've notices on your pictures that it says: Disney's Fastpass Distribution. Disney uses that in Florida either and I think in Anaheim as well. But in Paris it the signs just say Fastpass. How is it in Japan?

Can't wait for more of your trip report.
                        Thank you While I don't hate TSPL... I agree... I wish they were adding something else instead but like WDS, Hong Kong Disneyland very much needs additional attractions/areas and at least it looks like they are going to improve the land for Hong Kong.

As far as Fastpass, in Tokyo they use "Fastpass Ticketing":

Have a magical day!
                        Jon

Comment

Thanks for the answer, Jon. It's still interesting why Disney uses different versions of the Fastpass sign.

Comment

Awesome pics! I love your Flickr gallery!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagobert View Post
                              Thanks for the answer, Jon. It's still interesting why Disney uses different versions of the Fastpass sign.
                              Your welcome Yeah, it is always very interesting to see how each of the parks handle some things in slightly different ways... makes you wonder why they changed it.

Originally posted by HKDLFAN View Post
                              Awesome pics! I love your Flickr gallery!

After we were done exploring Adventureland we head to Fantasyland and passed the future entrance to Toy Story Land

After Fantasyland we headed to Tomorrowland

After Tomorrowland it was time to complete our circle and return to Main Street USA

Coming soon will be Part 3 which was our 3rd and final day of our trip

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures and as before if you want to see lots more pictures from Hong Kong Disneyland you can find them on our site here: Hong Kong Disneyland Resort at Disney Character Central
                              Have a magical day!
                              Jon

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X