X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Two local Parks have something planned for 2014

[Quote]????????????????????

HKOP and HKDL have new attractions being planned for 2014. new Shark Aquarium and Koala Exhibit to debut in 2014 at HKOP.

HKDL is planning to build a new land with a joyful theme. They have a new idea that they would like to link up the pier at HKDL with new cruise terminal at kaitak with a passenger boat or ship.

Re: Two local Parks have something planned for 2014

A new land in HKDL...
    How many lands can the smallest Disneyland have? All lands need more rides and nothing else.
    Joyful theme... sounds like a carnival. HKDL is one big... small mess and it semes it will keep on being that for many years.
    Bad news to me.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Comment

The "land" doesn't sound like a actual new land to the park. It sounds like Downtown Disney to me. Assuming the to sentences are talking about the same thing, it sounds like it's outside the park. That's what I got from the description at least.

Comment

The previous reports said a thrill ride targeting teenage boys with a driving element is planned, which led people to guess that something using "Test Track" technology is being developed. I am more inclined to believe in that. HKDL does not need toddlers rides anymore, it needs to take care of the teenage boys in the family for this supposedly "family theme park".
        Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
        Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
        Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
        Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post
          The previous reports said a thrill ride targeting teenage boys with a driving element is planned, which led people to guess that something using "Test Track" technology is being developed. I am more inclined to believe in that. HKDL does not need toddlers rides anymore, it needs to take care of the teenage boys in the family for this supposedly "family theme park".
          I just wish that ride could be in Adventureland... the most boring place in the world.
          The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post
            That sounds like...Radiator Springs Racers from Cars Land...possibly. I have no idea if that would be true or not.

But, from this press release, it sounds like this new area is outside the park, and extends to the ferry terminal, which will finally start ferry service. Maybe it will be a Downtown Disney expansion, or possibly a themed outdoor recreation area that is different from the lake they already have?

Comment

Talking about the ferry service, I hope HKDL can get a Mark Twain Riverboat or similar to provide this service. Very few people here have ever seen an American style riverboat and it will be a great addition. It can also offer lunch cruises, dinner cruises with entertainment (a Princess and the Frog show?) etc to drive revenue.
              Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
              Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
              Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
              Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
                ...with a joyful theme.
                Well I'm sold.