This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanghai prepares site for Disneyland , Reuters, 2006-8-9

SHANGHAI, Aug 9 (Reuters) - Authorities in Shanghai have started preparing a site for a Disneyland theme park, although central authorities have not yet reached any agreement with Walt Disney Co. (DIS.N: Quote, Profile, Research), an official newspaper said on Wednesday.

The amusement park, planned for construction in the outskirts of Shanghai's Pudong New District, would cover an area of 4.25 square kilometres (1.641 sq mile), China Securities Journal reported, citing sources.

The Shanghai Disneyland, which would be the first Disney theme park on the Chinese mainland, is expected to open when the city hosts the World Expo in 2010, the report said.

But authorities in Beijing have still to decide whether to give permission for construction of the park, a spokesperson for the Shanghai municipal government said.

Shanghai's mayor in March said the city was eager to host Disney, after the $1.8 billion Disneyland Hong Kong opened in 2005, while China's capital city Beijing also wants one.
    Source : Reuters

Re: Shanghai prepares site for Disneyland , Reuters, 2006-8-9

Just because China is preparring for it doesn't mean it'll happen.

Comment

Or if it'll really be there....

If I was Disney, I'll build it further south w/in reach of Shanghai, build it
      out to be another WDW. Still call it "Shanghai" Disney, but not even close.
      Ask for construction of a freeway & RR system up & down the coast to bring
      people there.

No way would I consider Beijing. The weather is just too inclement there.
      (Snow AND dust storms!)

Comment

Originally posted by nish221
        Or if it'll really be there....

If I was Disney, I'll build it further south w/in reach of Shanghai, build it
        out to be another WDW.

(Snow AND dust storms!)
        Walt DisneyThird World

Comment

Originally posted by Tom319
          Walt DisneyThird World
          LOL!:lol:

Seriously though... China is developing very rapidly. Esp in the urban
          centers, I don't think they'll be considered "3rd world" too much longer.
          Last edited by nish221; 08-09-2006, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X