This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theatre in the Wild closed for maintenance:21-26 Jan 2007

Theatre in the Wild will be closed from 21 to 26 January, 2007 for routine maintenance, and the Festival of the Lion King show will be suspended during this period.

Source: Hong Kong Disneyland

Re: Theatre in the Wild closed for maintenance:21-26 Jan 2007

Not surprising given the reported number of times they have had technical difficulties and had to stop a show mid-stream

Even when I saw it last year they halted the show several minutes in due to some technical snafu.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
      Not surprising given the reported number of times they have had technical difficulties and had to stop a show mid-stream

Even when I saw it last year they halted the show several minutes in due to some technical snafu.
      It closed down last year around the same time and it is reportedly still having technical difficulties so perhaps the closure is just for a break for the cast and to maintain the roof?
      Upcoming Trips:
      Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Comment

ORWEN: I wonder what sort of testical difficulties they've been having? Did someone sing off key or mis a cue? Or did the fire breathing man get heartburn? I just don't understand!

Comment

They stop the show without warning and all the performers immediately leave the stage. Then they spend about 10 minutes moving the animal floats around (electronically), and hopefully everyone comes back and they finish the show.

Comment

ORWEN: Why, that's just awful!! If I was there to watch a show and they did that to me I'd...I'd....well, I'd demand my money back!!

ORGOCH: Stop yer belly-achin', sister! Ya oughtta be glad they'd even let a fat witch--like yerself--inta the park ta begin with! Just be glad they don't charge ya a group rate ta git in!!

Comment

Oh well... that closing effectively kills 21.7% of what is there to do at HKDL... But honestly, I sure hope they maintain this park on a regular schedule (as opposed to the MK) so I am willing to live with the inconvenience.

Comment

ORDDU: Though it's been said before, it's worth repeating; this is why it's so important to create as many new attractions for this park as soon as possible to help absorb the obvious over-flow of disappointed guests who won't be able to find enough to do, which means they aren't getting their money's worth.

ORWEN: And what happens on a day when Space Mountain breaks down at the same time Winnie the Pooh goes out of service? Yes, they really need a lot more attractions to help take up the slack.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X