X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV Commercial for Haunted Halloween released on Local TV

New TV Commercial for Haunted Halloween released on Local TV

Re: New TV Commercial for Haunted Halloween released on Local TV

Nice! Do you know if anyone's uploaded it somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
      New TV Commercial for Haunted Halloween released on Local TV
      Link to the commercial?? It's sad they do not show the commercials in their site like TDR does in theirs...Here is TDL's tv ad:
      http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...007/movie.html
      Last edited by TDLFAN; 09-17-2007, 10:33 AM. Reason: added link to TDL commercial

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        Link to the commercial?? It's sad they do not show the commercials in their site like TDR does in theirs...Here is TDL's tv ad:
        http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...007/movie.html
        It is totally different than the TV Commercial of TDL.

Let me describe the TV Commercial for you...

A girl went out from the building and she turned her head 180 degrees.

I'll try to find the link ....
        Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 09-17-2007, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Sounds something like David Lynch describing one of his own films...
          “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Comment

It is totally different than the TV Commercial of TDL.

Let me describe the TV Commercial for you...

I'll try to find the link ....
            I can believe HKDL's ad to be different since they are going for a more creepy halloween approach, rather than the happy-go-lucky character romp TDL's Halloween is famous for. But a girl doing a 180 head turn? Megan did better with her 360 and hurling afterwards... which is what I will do exactly if HKDL gets too much into an Ocean Park/Universal-style halloween.
            But I shall be there on Oct 7th to check out the festivities. I will also go to DLP's Halloween on Oct 28th. So, say hello if you see me at either park.

Comment

Here it is folks:

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/210

Now, don't say we don't do anything for you!

(Truth be told, we didn't do anything for you. YouTube did).
              “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Comment

Compare with the TV Commercial of HKOP (which came out earlier than the TV Commercial of HKDL)...

(HKOP) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkHgL4-5EPo

(HKDL) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXpO_kPRdrQ

Comment

Wow, those were both very weird and slightly disturbing. I didn't quite get what the Ocean Park one was about.
                  ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                    Wow, those were both very weird and slightly disturbing. I didn't quite get what the Ocean Park one was about.
                    If you don't speak cantonese, you might not understand the TV Commercial of HKOP (They use some cantonese slang (related to Ghost) in the TV Commercial)

e.g. (English) What the hell are you talking about?
                    (Cantonese) 你講セ鬼? (replace the word "Hell" with "Ghost" and u got similar meaning)

Chinese Word "鬼" (Ghost) are used often in this TV Commerical as well as Cantonese Slang.
                    Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 09-19-2007, 01:26 AM.

Comment

If you don't speak cantonese, you might not understand the TV Commercial of HKOP (They use some cantonese slang (related to Ghost) in the TV Commercial)
                      What exactly is the (I'm assuming they're a family) mom yelling about? And I don't get the ending. What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                        What exactly is the (I'm assuming they're a family) mom yelling about? And I don't get the ending. What happened?
                        She was yelling at him ....

You are so damn stupid! (Cantonese Slang, Replace the word damn with "Ghost" and u got similar meaning...direction translation of cantonese slang"鬼叫你蠢"would be "Ghost tells you to be stupid")
                        You are so damn Lazy!(Direct translation of cantonese slang"鬼叫你懶"would be "Ghost tells you to be lazy")
                        etc...

(ending) she was so frightened that her husband became evil possessed or ghost. her husband was saying "I didn't tell him to do so" ! (The Ghost didn't tell him to do so) so do u get it?
                        Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 09-19-2007, 01:43 AM.

Comment

She was yelling at him ....

You are so damn stupid! (Cantonese Slang, Replace the word damn with "Ghost" and u got similar meaning...direction translation of "鬼叫你蠢"would be "Ghost tells you to be stupid")
                          You are so damn Lazy!(Direct translation of "鬼叫你懶"would be "Ghost tells you to be lazy")
                          etc...

(ending) she was so frightened that her husband became evil possessed or ghost. her husband was saying "I didn't tell him to do so" ! (The Ghost didn't tell him to do so) so do u get it?
                          That makes sense, I think. Thanks for the translation.

Comment

Thanks for the translation, HKDL. I was going to ask you, but forgot in the excitement of posting. It seems like a good campaign!

Comment

Hmm, they are both kind of creepy but the HKDL commercial seems far more slick. It certainly makes more sense (even after translation) to a non-HK person, but I have no idea how they would compare within a local context.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X