This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raging Spirits

A rumour that keeps popping up on insider websites is that the next attraction for HKDL will be a copy of the Tokyo Disney Sea coaster, Raging Spirits. The reason behind this is that is not too expensive to build and can be done so rather quickly. The coaster is considered one of the most popular attractions at the TDS park. The rumour mill says it will be placed in an already mark spot of land inside Adventureland. My understanding is that other attractions will also begin construction around this time with Raging Spirits being the first to open.

Just wondered what you guys think to having Raging Spirits ?
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Raging Spirits

I thought that was already scrapped off the HKDL plans. I have not heard of any rumors at all.

Comment

There will be little problem if it will be placed in an already mark spot of land inside Adventureland. We will hear the rail sound and people's screaming sound during jungle cruise adventure. And how can they over the jungle river for construction ?!
      Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tpl-keith

Comment

That particular coaster is crap. I sure hope they do NOT build it at HKDL.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
          That particular coaster is crap. I sure hope they do NOT build it at HKDL.
          I haven't tried it at TDS before, so don't know how is it. Why its crap?
          Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tpl-keith

Comment

Rode it at DLP. Short, jerky, not much of a theme. Very carnivalish.
            Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
            www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Comment

The last rumour was reported last month by Blue Sky Disney. But other sites have reported about this attraction coming in the past. While its only speculation it seems to be an attraction that constantly pops up when people talk about future attractions for this park. And thats why I'm mentioning it here today.

Regarding the Jungle Cruise I would imagine Skippers would add the coaster into the spiel like DL skippers currently do with Indy. But I do have a problem with the storyline aspect of both attractions. The Jungle Cruise has an dramatic ending where Fire meets Water, but this is also very much how the story for Raging Spirits goes.

Personally I'm with TDLFAN here I think it is a crap coaster and I would rather not see it built at HKDL. But due to it being a quick an easy fix I wouldn't be suprised if it did get built at some point. However if Disney feel they need a new coaster why not go all the way and dust off those plans for Expedition Everest. Not only does it fit into the Adventureland theme but the story or legend is from the Himalayas which stretches across many nations including China.
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

I think it is a crap coaster too, but it does fit in with the theme of the JR and if they change the ride somewhat so that it is a little more thrilling, then I think it would be a great addition to the park since it would add another much needed attraction to the park and it would be fast to build.

- Anatole

Comment

Originally posted by Anatole69 View Post
                  I think it is a crap coaster too, but it does fit in with the theme of the JR and if they change the ride somewhat so that it is a little more thrilling, then I think it would be a great addition to the park since it would add another much needed attraction to the park and it would be fast to build.

- Anatole
                  I disagree. Based on the caliber of attractions currently present, visitors from Hong Kong and China who haven't been to Tokyo or another Disney resort already have a diminished opinion of what a Magic Kingdom represents. A rather unremarkable thrill ride is the last thing HKDL needs at this time. This ride has none of the characteristics which typify the best Disney thrill rides - immersive theming, a convincing story, and / or innovative technology. In fact I think it's unfortunate that it got built at DisneySea...it cheapens an otherwise stellar roster of rides. But at least, in the case of DisneySea, RS is a secondary attraction. At HKDL, it would be treated as a headliner...a status which, by Disney standards at least, it does not deserve.
                  Down with the Hat

Comment

I'd say that Raging Spirits has detailed and immersive theming, but none of the other amazing traits of the best Disney attractions (elaborate sets, large and realistic AAs, incredible special effects, etc). It has a very well themed queue and the surrounding areas around and including the show building itself are very nicely done. You can't say that they were cheap with the theming on Raging Spirits in my opinion. Keep in mind that it was either Raging Spirits or nothing in the case of DisneySea, as that piece of land was very small. I'm glad they got an attraction out of it, even if it was rather lackluster in comparison to other attractions at the park.
                    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Any new ride in HKDL is good news to me.

Comment

ENOUGH WITH THE CHEAP FIXES AND CLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!

HKDL needs serious unique e-tickets and fast.

Comment

I agree with TDR_fan, it has great theming but is lacking in story. If they were to put it in HKDL the same as Tokyo, it would be an overall disappointment, as I feel it is a weaker ride.

However, if they were to add more to the story, which already fits somewhat with the HKJR, and improve the thrill factor of the ride itself, I think it would be a good addition as the ride won't take up too much space and will add another needed attraction to HKDL.

When I was at TDS the ride had a very long line, so if they improve the ride itself in the ways I mentioned, then they have a good chance at adding a popular attraction that is also well executed.

- Anatole

Comment

Originally posted by Anatole69 View Post
                            I agree with TDR_fan, it has great theming but is lacking in story. If they were to put it in HKDL the same as Tokyo, it would be an overall disappointment, as I feel it is a weaker ride.

However, if they were to add more to the story, which already fits somewhat with the HKJR, and improve the thrill factor of the ride itself, I think it would be a good addition as the ride won't take up too much space and will add another needed attraction to HKDL.

When I was at TDS the ride had a very long line, so if they improve the ride itself in the ways I mentioned, then they have a good chance at adding a popular attraction that is also well executed.

- Anatole
                            The thing is, Raging Spirits does have an actual storyline which ties into the whole land. It's just that the ride itself is rather bland and nothing spectacular. If the ride had been longer, with actual show scenes and large-scale special effects, then it would be one of the best Disney coasters.
                            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMoose View Post
                              Any new ride in HKDL is good news to me.
                              A painful, slow loading, cheap knock-off of a coaster isn't going to make this park better. It might even decrease guest happiness when they wait forever in line for a coaster that will knock the crap out of them and is over before it starts.

No, they need to build some real "experience" sort of rides at HKDL such as Pirates, Splash, or Thunder.

If they do build Raging Spirits, it is only because they have lost all sense of creativity and have let the accountants win at the expense of fixing this park.
                              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X