X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best restaurant in Hong Kong?

Which one?

Re: Best restaurant in Hong Kong?

In all of Hong Kong, or the HKDL Resort?
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Comment

The best restaurant at the resort would probably be the Crystal Lotus, serving Cantonese cuisine. The best restaurant in the entire city would be a much harder suggestion for me to make, considering I have only tried a handful. Plus, it depends on what cuisine you favor the most. Many of the best restaurants in the city are located in the posh, 5 star hotels.

The Peninsula Hong Kong is one such hotel that contains a plethora of exceptional restaurants. Gaddi's is widely regarded as the best French restaurant in Asia (definitely the most elegant), while the Spring Moon serves some of the best authentic Cantonese cuisine in the city.
      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Bear in mind that the Peninsula is also probably the most expensive place in Hong Kong, but from what I've heard, anything in it is excellent. The Mandarin Oriental's food is pretty good too, if a bit pricey.
        I think the best restaurant in Hong Kong must be the yung kee restaurant in Hong Kong island, a few blocks from Central. Its food is very authentic and delicious, and it's reasonably priced. http://www.yungkee.com.hk/ Always try the duck or goose.
        Chuck Norris decided to sell his urine as an energy drink. It is now known as 'Red Bull'.

Comment

If I remember correctly, there are 2 Mandarin Orientals very close to each other in Hong Kong. The original and I believe flagship of the chain is the better of the two in my opinion. Better restaurants and better atmosphere, though the contemporary look of the Landmark is quite attractive.

Another favorite hotel of mine to dine at is the Island Shangri-La. Great restaurants, especially Restaurant Petrus. And it's a very nice hotel too, one of my personal favorites to stay at.
          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

I'd second godisender's recommendation of Yung Kee. Reservations are a must!
            Disneyland - Apr 1998
            Walt Disney World - Dec 2001
            TDR - Jun 1996, Apr 2000, Apr 2002, May 2008, Jun 2009
            HKDL - Dec 2005, Dec 2006

Comment

Mickey D's in Kowloon.

Comment

I highly recommend Bubba Gump. It's a pure American restaurant set in a pure american atmosphere. It's located atop the peak, providing the best views. It's food is also not very pricy, it's affordable high-quality food.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X