X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2010 Concept Artwork

I dunno, this looks kinda small...

This picture was released just now by the Walt Disney Family Museum, a slide from one of the 55th Anniversary weekend lectures.

Thoughts?

Re: July 2010 Concept Artwork

well the picture is small and kind of blurry. So until we get more info, I reserve judgement.

Comment

AGH. You beat me to posting it.

I am excited. Looks already like they won't screw this one up too bad. Actual Tomorrowland? Beautiful castle? Frontierland?

I NEED MORE!
      -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Looks like a traditional Magic Kingdom with a large castle.

Comment

Interesting...

The walkway from the Downtown Disney area to the backside of Frontierland (probably for a nighttime show) looks interesting. Kinda the way the incorporated a show lagoon into Main Street and the Disneyland Hotel in some of the early Hong Kong plans.

I'd like to see more.

Comment

There was a lot of concept art for HKDL too that never made it too. It looks promising from the tiny picture, but I'll wait for more info.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

ORDDU: It looks a lot like Disneyland Paris to me.

ORWEN: It looks a lot like the Land of Oz to me!

ORGOGH: Looks like a waste a TIME ta me!!!

Comment

Does anyone else see a HUGE mountain to the left of the castle?

Comment

Originally posted by icepenguin77 View Post
                  Does anyone else see a HUGE mountain to the left of the castle?
                  I think those are just pathways.

I can't wait to look at how the park looks in five years and look back at this.
                  -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Does anyone else see the area to the left vaguely connected to Adventureland by a river? Could it be a Polynesian style hotel?

Comment

Originally posted by icepenguin77 View Post
                      Does anyone else see the area to the left vaguely connected to Adventureland by a river? Could it be a Polynesian style hotel?
                      I originally thought that was a continuation of the park but it looks more like it might be a hotel.
                      -Hale (wumbology)

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
                        I originally thought that was a continuation of the park but it looks more like it might be a hotel.
                        ya, the wouldn't make the park go under the road. My hypothesis is that it's a Poly type hotel with Adventureland access. And my guess is, also like DLP, the park won't open with a Space Mountain. I see no signs of neither Haunted Mansion nor Pirates, but either of those could be behind the fireworks in Adventureland. The park seems big though and able to expand easily, unlike HKDL.

Comment

It definitely has a similar layout to DLP the way adventureland and frontierland are with a possible BTMRR in the middle of the river of frontierland. Space mountain is clearly there but we will see what will actually open with the park....

It looks like there is another hotel across the lagoon on the bottom as well as a downtown disney that seems very very close to the park entrance.

I just wish this picture was clearer. it is hard to see much of the detail in the picture. It is hard to even tell what castle it is....

Comment

looks kind of small...

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

It's too early to tell, but it looks like Disneyland Paris. The castle area looks very aquatically themed...
                              Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X