Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shock! Why OLC??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Pictures] Shock! Why OLC??

    We went to TDS to pick up the present for today and then headed over to TDL. On the way to the lottery we noticed a little robot carrying drinks next to Monsters Inc. which we hadn't seen before...


    What is that?


    Vending machines? Really OLC??










    How sad and cheap.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

  • #2
    Re: Shock! Why OLC??

    Well, since Tomorrowland is stuck in the '80s, this might fit.:lol:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Shock! Why OLC??

      Ichigopara... I totally agree with you! This is very sad indeed! But I am not surprised... because OLC tends to emulate what the WDC does in it's parks. Vending machines seem to be found at most WDW parks...just outside the gates.. Do not recall any inside the gates though...
      Did you march into Guests Relations and gave them a piece of your mind? I would have if I spoke japanese.

      Originally posted by MickeyM
      Well, since Tomorrowland is stuck in the '80s, this might fit.:lol:
      Funny because TDL's Tomorrowland seems to be one of the most cohesive Tomorrowland and while classic in design, I never feel stuck in the 80s there as I do at WDW's tragic metallic/classic look mess of a TL. Besides... for anyone who has been to Japan, we can tell you... they have vending machines that are more 21st century than the old albatrosses we have in the USA. Ever heard of the vending machine that scans your face to calculate your age before dispensing a liquor or cigarette sale? It will deny you if the machine calculates if you are a minor, and based on the % of error, the vending machine is usually 99% correct.
      So please, don't assume that vending machines are for the 80s since many people depend on them electronic machines and gizmos more than ever in the 21st century it seems.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Shock! Why OLC??

        The more I think about the more disgusted I get. This is no Nara Dreamland.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Shock! Why OLC??

          But its no normal vending machine... its a "highly themed vending machine" (!)
          sigpic

          "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
          Walt Disney

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Shock! Why OLC??

            Still...

            Just because Disney takes a carnival spinning coaster, pimps it up, and plops it in the middle of WDW's best themed park (DAK), does NOT make it right or acceptable, especially when you BS the guests into giving them the best possible Disney experience available.
            Same with these vending machines. They belong at the platform in Maihama Station, and NOT inside the parks. I sure hope this is not something they will do at TDS.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Shock! Why OLC??

              I agree with TDLFAN. Vending machines don't belong inside the Disney parks. That's a Six Flags look that we just don't want to see spread through the Disney resorts.
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

              Find us on Facebook:

              .

              How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Shock! Why OLC??

                Also, why bother having vending machines right next to a restaurant? I mean the "out of order" sign tells guests to go to Pan Galactic Pizza Port...sheesh! I would think more money could be made from food stands and restaurants than cheap looking vending machines.

                Do Japanese people not want a break from seeing them? They are everywhere else...why not have one place that is free of them?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Shock! Why OLC??

                  Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                  Also, why bother having vending machines right next to a restaurant? I mean the "out of order" sign tells guests to go to Pan Galactic Pizza Port...sheesh!
                  I thoughts exactly when I read that photo. I was like, OMG, WTF, OLC?!
                  WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Shock! Why OLC??

                    Maybe this proves TDR has it's flaws too.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Shock! Why OLC??

                      thus the commencement of TDR's downward spiral...

                      last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Shock! Why OLC??

                        Why wouldn't a vending machine belong in tomorrowland? Frontierland/Westernland maybe not, but tomorrowland? shrug. Every futuristic home scenario is all about things being delivered at the punch of a button. The drink popping up automatically at your table would be a lot better but it's not the end of the world. Heck back to Frontierland people still always say they want to see that Fritos vending machine back just because it's neat.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Shock! Why OLC??

                          I really don't see the issue here...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Shock! Why OLC??

                            Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                            Ichigopara... I totally agree with you! This is very sad indeed! But I am not surprised... because OLC tends to emulate what the WDC does in it's parks. Vending machines seem to be found at most WDW parks...just outside the gates.. Do not recall any inside the gates though...
                            Did you march into Guests Relations and gave them a piece of your mind? I would have if I spoke japanese.
                            I going with my husband on thursday to Guest Relations because I feel my Japanese is too weak to express my feelings and we will write a letter to express our disapointment.

                            I really don't see the issue here...
                            OLC has always said they would never put vending machines in the parks because there is no communication between a machine and the guest. It takes away from the guest experience and on top of that these vending machines look really crappy.
                            Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Shock! Why OLC??

                              Originally posted by almandot View Post
                              Why wouldn't a vending machine belong in tomorrowland? Frontierland/Westernland maybe not, but tomorrowland? shrug. Every futuristic home scenario is all about things being delivered at the punch of a button. The drink popping up automatically at your table would be a lot better but it's not the end of the world. Heck back to Frontierland people still always say they want to see that Fritos vending machine back just because it's neat.
                              There is nothing more everyday and normal then vending machines here. On top of that these vending machines that they have installed are even more basic and older technology then the vending machines you see on average in the street. There is nothing futuristic about it. Maybe if they made it interactive in some way or the machines had some animatronic aspect to them but it's just a painting on a flat surface, very cheap.
                              Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X