Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDS Journey to the center of the earth and 20000 Leagues artwork !

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] TDS Journey to the center of the earth and 20000 Leagues artwork !

Tom Thordarson is a fantastic artist and was the the concept designer for Tokyo Disney Sea's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" the top rated thrill ride of Tokyo Disney Sea. Tom was also a key team player in the early design phases of many other attractions for Disney Sea, especially 20000 Leagues under the Sea at Mysterious Island.

You can see in a special and awesome article never seen before artwork that Tom Thordarson did for these two rides. Those of you who had the luck to visit this gorgeous theme park and remember Mysterious Island rides will understand how important Tom Thordarson's contributions were to the design of these rides.

Here is one of the artwork below, and all the pictures can be seen here:

Disney and more: A Tribute to Tom Thordarson - a.k.a " THOR " - Artwork - Part Three : Tokyo Disney Sea Mysterious Island

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

Re: TDS Journey to the center of the earth and 20000 Leagues artwork !

Incredible! Disneyandmore is better than 95% of the published books on Imagineering. The only problem is how are you going to top this post?! You've set the bar very, very high, my friend.
    http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your future contributions.

Comment

This is a fantastic link I often say there is not enough material on the building process that went into TDS, Mysterious Island being the best executed.
        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

WOW!! Thanks for sharing. Most amazing to me is how the actual attraction looks almost exactly to the art work.

Comment

Further proof that TDR gets it right the first time.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this it's very interesting to read!
              Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
              https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

Thanks for sharing this. Journey is one of my favourite rides in the world, it was interesting to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                  This is a fantastic link I often say there is not enough material on the building process that went into TDS, Mysterious Island being the best executed.
                  I love that area, but I am addicted to American Waterfront...and Cape Cod really just seems like an extension of it. And the Mediterranean Harbor is gorgeous, too. And I love Fortress Explorations, too...oh, heck! I can't say "best" about any single part of TDS! TDS is just such a great, cohesive experience!

I do have one gripe with Mysterious Island, though...I wanna touch the Nautilus. Preferably board, actually...can you still do that at WDW or somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDad View Post
                    I wanna touch the Nautilus. Preferably board, actually...can you still do that at WDW or somewhere?
                    You can at DLP.

Comment

wow awesome artwork....!!! great job...
                      my heart is yours

Comment

I visit disneyandmore.blogspot.com frequently as well & are always amazed at just how well the articles and photos are.

Also on his site from a few years ago, he did 2 articles on Tom Scherman- who did designs for the Nautilus and also concepts of Mysterious Island- it was also mentioned that his brother was going to be selling some of his artwork- but alas, I have sent several emails and have never heard back from them, so I don't know if they were ever produced. I'm attaching a link to the site, but if anyone knows more about this- please let me know.

Disney and more: A TRIBUTE TO TOM SCHERMAN - Part Two - The Discovery Bay artwork

Disney and more: A TRIBUTE TO TOM SCHERMAN - Part One - The making of Disneyland Paris Nautilus

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X