X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • princessannanicole
    New MiceChatter
    • Dec 2008

[Question] Tokyo Disney Resort and Rain?

So, I plan to go to Tokyo Disney Resort a week from this weekend, and was planning on going to buy my tickets this late next week (get closer to the front of the line for opening). It's predicted to rain on Saturday right now, but I'm not sure about Sunday. I was hoping someone could tell me how rain affects the operations of both parks (like rides, shows, parades, etc.) so it can help me decide which day to go to which park if it does rain one and not the other. It's hard to tell for sure unless it's like only one or two days out here in Tokyo, though, so I still won't know which day until like Thursday or Friday. Thanks for your help.
  • jedimaster7313
    You have much to learn...
    • Jun 2006

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort and Rain?

It's hard to say how the weather will be next week- don't always believe advance forecasts. I have been there in the rain & the only main difference I've seen is that, unfortunately, TDL doesn't have their parades- but they do have a very short rain parade, with the characters wearing their rain slickers- it's cute & different for someone like me who's seen the parades before- but is a real bummer for first time visitors. The usually do not perform a show in the rain- although I've seen them trying to dry the stage & streets as best as possible following any rain to prepare for the show in case it stops and the show can go on.

I can't be too sure about TDS- I've been there in the rain as well, but I believe they still hold the shows in the lagoon, they may cut out the dancing & show stop stage performances, but do have a good abbreviated version of the show. And once again, the characters are in their raingear- It's neat seeing the Fab 5 and Duffy looking like they have been shrink wrapped.

I haven't tried any outdoor attractions during rain, but I belive they may not run during rain- but someone who visits more frequently may be able to give more information.

Keep you fingers crossed, it's too far out to say it will rain when you get there

Comment

• TDLFAN
      Banned User
      • Feb 2005

I hate it when it rains at the parks. It's uncomfortable to be outdoors and sometimes, due to the proximity to the Bay, it gets windy and even more miserable. I too hate that everything that goes on outdoors gets cancelled. The Rainy day parade is cute but hardly makes up for the big epic spectacles we come to expect from TDL. If you must deal with rain.. bring a good rain coat and do the best you can.

Comment

• DisneySea_Fan
        MiceChatter
        • Nov 2008

Well I don't like the rain but I think TDL copes with the rain better than other parks, I'm just thinking about how most Lineups are under cover and World Bazzar is as well. I don't mind the rain, I like the snow. TDR is the only disney park i have been in where it snows. Lots of stuff will be cancelled though. It also gets cold and windy.

Comment

• TDLFAN
          Banned User
          • Feb 2005

It also snows at DLP... but I have to say, after a while, the snow residue on the ground makes that park look dirty.

Comment

• princessannanicole
            New MiceChatter
            • Dec 2008

I went before to both parks in December and it rained on Sunday I went to Disneyland, all morning, but stopped just before Jubilation at 3 (it was raining when I went into the Country Bears to get out of the wet and cold, but not when I came out like 20-30 minutes later. The main parade ran, but with some wearing clear ponchos. It was the full thing because I checked later. It wasn't raining very hard beforehand, though, so maybe they were going to go ahead with it anyways. But, the only rides I waited in line for at all were Haunted Mansion (I just missed the FP line and it was moving so well I kept going, about 30 minutes), Pirates (about 20-25 minutes), and Buzz Lightyear (about 15 minutes after the fireworks). I didn't ride some of the other rides though, including the roller coasters. I'm not big on roller coasters, and I did Pooh first thing in the morning and a lot of fantasyland before it got busy. But mainly, it was way quieter and more relaxing (albeit absolutely freezing) than my day at Disneysea. I actually walked up to Jubilation, Stitch's Holiday Greeting, and Dreamlights all about five minutes before they started and easily got a spot right on the line. There were no deep lines watching the parade outside of the hub at all. I think the park turned out a lot emptier than it otherwise would have been, so I think rain can be a bonus, if it stops halfway through the day.

Disneysea on the other hand easily had "short" waits of 90 minutes and long waits of over 3 hours. It was a lot warmer and sunny that day, though. But I don't want to miss any of the shows, so my "I hope it rains" turned into, "Oh gosh, I better find out what, if anything, gets canceled when it rains."

So the rain doesn't really bother me. It's just the potential for cancellation that does. Although I do wonder what their current version of a "rainy day parade" would look like now that the Stitch parade it over. But I mainly don't want to miss anything with the Disneysea lagoon shows. So now, here's to hoping it doesn't rain, and just no one shows up.

Oh, and off topic, but does anyone know if they have both sides of Storm Rider up and operating yet? I waited in the standby line and loading was really inefficient and we hardly ever seemed to move because we could only go once the one full system was over. I could have taken the same wait time better in a longer line if we had just moved more often. It would also spread out the fastpass people better and get the standby line moving more people.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys! I'll enjoy it no matter what, I'm sure.

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
              Banned User
              • Dec 2008

when it comes to crowds there is no major difference. jampacked everywhere all the time

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki
                …

• Feb 2009

I actually think the mood of TDS is enhanced by rainy or at least cloudy skies, while at TDL rain just somehow feels out of place to me, except maybe on the first and last legs of the Jungle Cruise, or at Haunted Mansion, but that's mostly indoors anyways. If it's likely to rain, I'd go for TDS. You'll get great photos!
                …

Comment

• TDLFAN
                  Banned User
                  • Feb 2005

I hate visiting TDS in the rain.. simply because the park is built on different levels.. and it's kind of hard to be walking up and down steps or hills when it's wet.

Comment

• Himorogi
                    MiceChatter
                    • Dec 2008

Rainy days are good days to explore World Bazaar, or if you're at DisneySea you can spend a lot of time in Mysterious Island or relaxing onboard the S.S. Columbia if you're looking for places to stay dry.

Comment

• DisneySea_Fan
                      MiceChatter
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by DuffyDad View Post
                      I actually think the mood of TDS is enhanced by rainy or at least cloudy skies, while at TDL rain just somehow feels out of place to me, except maybe on the first and last legs of the Jungle Cruise, or at Haunted Mansion, but that's mostly indoors anyways. If it's likely to rain, I'd go for TDS. You'll get great photos!
                      My favourite weather at TDS is windy average temperature cloudy skies. TDL, I like it nice and sunny... but not to hot or humid. To bad we can't edit the weather to our personnal needs.

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki
                        …

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by DisneySea_Fan View Post
                        To bad we can't edit the weather to our personnal needs.
                        I'm sure Disney will have that system up and running ASAP.
                        …

Comment

• TDLFAN
                          Banned User
                          • Feb 2005

Yes, but they will make you stand by for the nice days with partly cloudy conditions.

Comment

• OkiMel
                            New MiceChatter
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                            when it comes to crowds there is no major difference. jampacked everywhere all the time
                            Not true. Tuesday, TDL was dead due to the rain. We walked on everything, with the exception of Monsters. Loved it!

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OkiMel View Post
                              Not true. Tuesday, TDL was dead due to the rain. We walked on everything, with the exception of Monsters. Loved it!
                              well when I have been in TDR it rained like crazy but still it was packed ...and people went on splash mountain

Comment

• TDLFAN
                                Banned User
                                • Feb 2005

Again again.. there is no special event or incentive for people to be swarming the parks until next week's Golden Week holidays. And Timmy is correct.. the rain will not stop crowds from going. I have been to TDR on very rainy stormy days and it has been packed.

Comment

• OkiMel
                                  New MiceChatter
                                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                  Again again.. there is no special event or incentive for people to be swarming the parks until next week's Golden Week holidays. And Timmy is correct.. the rain will not stop crowds from going. I have been to TDR on very rainy stormy days and it has been packed.
                                  I didn't say rain didn't ever stop the crowds, but that certainly wasn't the case the other day, special incentives or not. A day in the park is a day in the park!

Comment

• TDLFAN
                                    Banned User
                                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OkiMel View Post
                                    I didn't say rain didn't ever stop the crowds, but that certainly wasn't the case the other day, special incentives or not. A day in the park is a day in the park!
                                    Agreed but in relation to TDR.. rain, holidays, special events.. will play a part in the overall experience a guest there gets on any given day...and will influence the attendance the parks get.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X