Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Let's Go Spring Shopping at TDS!!

Spring time is here and the Disney parks bloom in colorful flowers... and some also bloom with colorful new merchandise to celebrate the season.. and Tokyo DisneySea is no exception. With their Spring Carnival event underway.. new, colorful merchandise blooms on the gift shop shelves.. and it flies off them as well..

Here at the Emporio, new decor heralds the arrival of the latest Spring Carnival merchandise..

New flower decor, complete with fiber optic lights for that extra pixie dust effect, has been put up on the Emporio ceiling..

Yes, those pixies are everywhere...

Get your own Tink wings and plush dolls.

Spring assessories for the ladies, including perfumes, scarfs, toiletries..

Get you flowery Minnie ears, umbrellas and hats...

Cushions, tea cups, cellphone straps, photo frames..

Towels!!

Official Spring carnival teeshirt.

Cooking aprons and bags.

Mugs.

Glassware and eating utensils.. chopsticks.

Official Spring Carnival 2009 plushes.

Plant pots.

Plant your own flowers in this lovely flower pot, modeled after the cart found outside the store.

Shopping bags.

Ticket holder straps and pins.

Keychains.. of topiary Mickey.

More keychains and cell straps.

Post cards and buttons.

Pen and folder sets.

No thanks, you can keep your mother. But notice the nice boxed scarf for the ladies.

This curious line includes teeshirts (seen below) and post cards and is basically a salute to those ever popular TDS snacks.. like CHURROS!!! (notice upper left they come in maple and sesame.)

BTW.. the Mousekateer Mickey, Donald and Goofy do daily appearances at TDS' Fortress Explorations.

Hmmm gelato!! (Avail in many flavors listed on the left side of design)

Sea Salt Ice Cream is a favorite treat in Mermaid Lagoon.

Here is one of the most popular characters in TDR, Duffy the bear. Reason why I am including this photo is so you can see the plush she is holding... as they sell them in different sizes all over TDS, and you can also buy various costumes to go with it, which Duffy himself wears at the park. Crazy, eh? We call Duffy fans "duffuses".

A favorite snack to have can be bought here in American Waterfront...

Good old fashioned hot dog with iced green tea! Yum!!

Over at Arabian Coast... this lovely big Genie plush has been on sale since the park opened in 2001.

Geniw has a line of his own, impersonating other characters, like Mickey or TOT's Shiriki Utundu in bobbleheas form here.

Genie as Pinocchio and Jimimy Cricket.. these are plush key chains.

And that's about what's hot on the shelves of TDS' many gift shops lately.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 05-09-2009, 09:33 AM.

Re: Let's Go Spring Shopping at TDS!!

I love the genie merchandise, however I am not a fan of Mickey's Spring Carnival outfit. I also prefer Minnie's outfit from last year. The Ice Cream merchandise is very cool.

Comment

Funny how we all differ. I prefer this year's spring outfits on both Mickey and Minnie, and do not care much for the genie merchandise.

Comment

Lots of nice merchandise- Did the Mickey & Minnie plush come in the pin on/keychain version as well? The Mickey Topiary is cute too- I hope some of this stuff hits ebay this time around.

I collect some of the Duffy plush as well in the different outfits- I never was too crazy about the Disney Bear years ago, but Duffy is getting me hooked more each visit now.

Great photos.

Comment

Holy crap! April, May, and June on merch?! What's next? Mickey's Nephews merch?

Oh, and I don't care what anyone says, I want that complete set of Disney Fairies plush dolls! I'm sorry, but I'm a sucker for that franchise...
          WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the photos, TDLFAN! If I can't afford all this merchandise, at least I can look at it and drool! So much good stuff. The Genie stuff isn't my favorite either, but I have to admit they really nailed the look on the small keychain plush which is not an easy thing to do. I was also very surprised to see April, May, and June. It must be the first time they've appeared on merch outside of the comics!
            Meow

Comment

Oh, and I agree, Duffy is growing more on me too. I noticed that he's got a new gardening outfit available that is really cute.
              Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                I was also very surprised to see April, May, and June. It must be the first time they've appeared on merch outside of the comics!
                I loved seeing them too!! I know they have been on pins before, but not much else!

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
                Oh, and I agree, Duffy is growing more on me too. I noticed that he's got a new gardening outfit available that is really cute.
                That Duffy intrigues me! It's just a teddy bear, right? It's not Disney branded or anything? Is it Disney owned? It's so odd!
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Someone can correct me if I have this wrong but Duffy is the same or similar to bear that they tried selling at WDW (and I thought at DL in CA too). Only Tokyo gave the bear a little more attention and detail by giving him a name and further developing a story to go along with him, making him more of a park mascot for TDS. Here he was just know as the "Disney Bear" (like there weren't enough of those already ) or Mickey's teddy bear. His face and paws are also in the shape of the Mickey icon.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

"That Duffy intrigues me! It's just a teddy bear, right? It's not Disney branded or anything? Is it Disney owned? It's so odd!"

Actually, it is Disney branded. He's got the "Mickey" shape on his face, and paws. It's subtle, but there. He started out at WDW, and has really taken off at TDS. His backstory is much cuter and a bit more "romantic" at TDS.
                    Meow

Comment

Thanks for the update TDLFAN!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Duffy is the Disney bear- I don't know the full reason why, but they did name him out in TDS. Obviously it caught on big time in Disney Sea- I've seen people go absolutely nuts over him.

I have a few myself from my trips there- I never really looked into if their story is different than the story of the disney bear that WDW and DL started years ago- I know Mickey hugged him and that's why his famous mouse ears were now on the Disney Bear.

They can't seem to fill a wall or fixture out in TDS, I've seen people buying them as they are filling them.

Comment

Love all the merchandise, I would be broke if I lived there. And that is one big weiner!!!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                          We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                          Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

The churro shirt is awesome! Thanks for sharing pics of all the merch!

Comment

I love it all! Very nice!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X