Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to REALLY expect from TDL at New Years?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What to REALLY expect from TDL at New Years?

I can't exactly answer all of your questions but I can say that the crowds at TDL are overrated. Many people rip at the wide walkways, but really, they help the crowds. Both parks handle crowds extremely well. If there were that many people at Disneyland in Anaheim, you wouldn't be able to move. I would anticipate the park to perhaps sell out that day and make hotel reservations, ASAP. Oh and on a busy day like that you can expect all attractions to be open.

Comment

Oh ok. Sorry, man, I really do need to stop making myself look arogant.)
      Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 10-08-2005, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Did you not get my email Rob?

Comment

I went to TDL on 12/31 in 2000, and even though the crowds were bad, it's just all about the experience that I LOVED. If I remember, we had Annual Passes, and we were one of those lucky AP holders that were picked for the drawing to go on the New Year's eve... If you didn't get picked, that means you're not allowed to go to TDL on that day since the crowd would be too much..

SO, the tickets DO sell out on new year's day.

EDIT: never mind... I'm sorry to tell you, but here's the schedule for 12/31 and 1/1 goes:

12/31:
          TDL: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for regular ticket holders (and parkhoppers/annual pass)
          TDS: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for regular ticket holders (and parkhoppers/annual pass)

then they close the park for two hours

TDL: 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. for TDL Countdown Party Passport Holders ONLY
          TDS: 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. for TDS New Year's Eve Celebration Passport Holders ONLY

1/1
          TDL: 2 a.m. to 10 p.m. for TDL Countdown Party Pass Holders, TDS New Year's Eve Celebration Pass & regular tickets/parkhoppers/annual pass
          TDS: 2 a.m. to 10 p.m. for TDS New Year's Eve Celebration Pass Holders, TDL Countdown Party Pass Holders & regular tickets/parkhoppers/annual pass

And here's the sad part: both the New Year's Eve Celebration Pass and Countdown Party Pass lottery entries deadline was 10/12... So there's basically NO WAY that you can visit TDL/TDS parks on during New Year's eve at night. However, if you have regular parkhopper, I believe you can go to the park on 12/31 from 8-6, and then visit the park again on 1/1 from 2(a.m.)-10(p.m).

However, they will be offering Countdown Parade 2006 from 12/28 to 12/30 at TDL, and also the New Year's Fiesta at TDS, and New Year's Holiday event at TDL from 1/1 to 1/5

EDIT: I didn't realize the part where you said "not the New Year's private event" ugh... that info was unneeded, I know...

Also, I believe the park was not at all crowded from 2 a.m. to 7 a.m., as most guests from the New Year's celebration will be leaving, and most of the regular guests will be arriving in the morning of 1/1.
          Last edited by COOOOLkid; 10-19-2005, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Another way to get tickets for the New Year's events is to get a room at one of the Disney hotels or Official Resort hotels.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X