Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Malin's Tokyo Disney Resort Trip Report for March 2010

Comment

Comment

I'm amazed at those shots of the Castle et al with the city in the background. Makes everything look oddly small.
        sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
        Walt Disney

Comment

Malin, thanks for the great trip report. I really want to go there!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, as my trip quickly approaches it really helps me mentally prepare for the crowds.

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
            We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
            Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Thanks for the fantastic TR! I never realized that the left side of TDL had such a beautiful skyline.

Comment

Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
                Thanks for sharing, as my trip quickly approaches it really helps me mentally prepare for the crowds.
                Ditto. I think we struck it lucky last time we were there and the crowds weren't that bad. We are in for a rude awakening!
                Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
                May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
                September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
                June 2003 DL
                Dec 2002 WDW
                April 2002 DLP
                Dec 2001 DL
                Nov 2000 WDW
                Oct 2000 DL
                Oct 1997 WDW
                April 1994 DL

Comment

Try not to worry to much over crowds before going, yeah the parks can get crowded and you see lines for everything. But with the right agenda you can still get so much done, for me I tended to skip a lot of attractions because I had done them many times in the past and it was more about enjoying the atsmophere than it was about riding several E Ticket's in one day.

Comment

Thanks so much for the great TR and photos. Do you by chance have any photos of your hotel room? How was the room itself? Were there English channels on the TV? Do you have any other tips for the Sheraton? That's where we will be staying too.

Comment

Great photos!

And that Mickey statue with the ship wheel! I wasn't paying attention on the hot day we were there and went to take a picture behind the statue. I go to lean on it and yikes! Burning hot from being in the sun.

Comment

Looks like your having a terrific time. Love the photos- I've been a little depressed lately at home & your photos are making me want to get back to TDR soon- but I still have several months to go.

I always enjoy seeing photos of the resort- Have fun & don't let the lines get to you.

Comment

Thanks for the great little TR and photos!

Did you specifically request a room with that view, or luck out? Which room type and floor was it? Thanks much!
                          Down with the Hat

Comment

Do you by chance have any photos of your hotel room? How was the room itself? Were there English channels on the TV? Do you have any other tips for the Sheraton? That's where we will be staying too.
                            Unfortunately I didn't have much time, or really spent much time at the hotel, so no photo's I'm afraid. Regarding TV I think there was one or two news channels, but these are often dubbed over in Japanese. The room also had the Tokyo Disney Resort channel but also featured in Japanese. The one feature I did apreciate which is often featured in western style hotels in Japan, except for my Osaka hotel is the free daily newspaper delivered to your room early each morning. I wouldn't worry to much about tv, as you will be so exhausted after a day out in the park you won't want to see tv.

Did you specifically request a room with that view, or luck out? Which room type and floor was it?
                            I just got real lucky, I'm thinking it may have been because I was only staying the night. Didn't catch the floor number but I think it was 20-21 maybe. And room was just a standard room with two double beds, although I will say the room was massive by Japan standards.

And that Mickey statue with the ship wheel! I wasn't paying attention on the hot day we were there and went to take a picture behind the statue. I go to lean on it and yikes! Burning hot from being in the sun.
                            I love that Mickey statue and I believe its a tribute to the people who have lost there lifes at Sea.

Comment

Thanks for the trip report. We are hopefully heading back in 2011.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X