X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Schedule for Fiscal Year 2014

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Re: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Schedule for Fiscal Year 2014

Except for the revamped Jungle Cruise, my only reaction is Zzzzzzz......
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

New Easter Parade!!! But that appears to be the only new seasonal entertainment next year. What happened to the times of new holiday parades every year? Or at least alternate every other year between parks.

Comment

I've heard more about the new version of the Jungle Cruise from a friend: they're lengthening the ride by several minutes and redoing all the figures (we'll probably see some real AAs inside the temple). Sounds like they're putting quite a bit of money into it, which means the line will go from 45 minutes to 90. Perhaps they'll add FastPass!

Comment

new version of the Jungle Cruise from a friend is a very good effort.In addition I read this when me and my wife were on a trip of the resorts in the Tokyo.We really enjoy the tour.Thanks for the good contribution.

Comment

The Jungle Cruise will be closed starting in January. That is a long shut-down time. Hopefully, it means that a lot of care will be given to the attraction. I would love to see it when they are complete.

Comment

They must be putting in a bunch of yen to update Jungle Cruise. From the pattern I've noticed thru the years, whenever the OLC has major projects going on, the seasonal entertainment suffers, like lack of any new shows, new parades, etc.

With the new Mermaid Lagoon show and the eventual Mythica replacement coming, the budget is probably already spent over the next year or two.

The past few years many of the events were following a 3 year cycle, but from the press release, it looks like they could be going to 4 or even 5 year cycles now. I hope this is only temporary and they get back to offering new and exciting seasonal events each year.

I miss the big Castle shows & the shows in the New York Waterfront area in TDS too this year for Halloween and Christmas- now it seems TDS will have the decorations in front of the Tower, but no show to go along with it for Christmas.

Comment

Travis, what's your source for these English press releases?

Comment

Some writers make it difficult to understand the point they’re trying to get across. You, the other hand have made your points clear, concise and interesting.

http://plagiarism-checker.co
                  Last edited by tarbcl; 01-22-2014, 12:33 AM.

Comment

The major money drain was the three new generators that were built so the power doesn't go off again.

The fact that OLC has continued to do anything new in light of the enormous amount they spent on those really makes it crystal clear how different they are than the Walt Disney Company.

However this year's Halloween decorations were few, the parade underwhelming, and the merchandise moreso. I feel less inclined to go back during Halloween next year because of this, and might go at another time of year.

Disneyland Paris has also started, under its new guidance, to soften and "cute up" their Halloween decorations. So, the unique quality that Disneyland Paris had for Halloween is GONE. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see stuff from older Tokyo Disneyland Halloween stuff showing up there, the way it's been popping up in California (along the tram line from the parking structure--could they have used any more poorly?).

New Jungle Cruise path will be longer, so not surprised it will be closed for so long.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X