Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

    Anyone done either of these dinner (not the lunch versions) shows recently? We contemplated doing them previously, but quickly ruled them after seeing videos. Our belief at the time was that the shows used to be more adult-oriented, but now are basically meet & greet "shows."

    I now realize that the "better" (to us) videos weren't from prior years, but were from the dinner shows, which still include characters, but also have talented live performers. Still, the videos I've found are all incomplete and leave a few questions...

    1) Are the dinner shows worth doing for two adults who aren't necessarily interested in the Disney character component? (For reference, we love Big Band Beat, so that degree of character involvement is fine.)

    2) What's the approximate dinner cost for these shows?

    3) If only doing one of the two, which would be your pick?

    We'll likely be staying in a Disney hotel this time, so it's my understanding that we'll be able to go through the hotel for advance booking.

    Thanks in advance for the feedback!
    DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

    Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

  • #2
    Re: Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

    I've never did either shows so I can't answer 1 and 3.

    For 2,
    - Diamond Horseshoe Dinner: S-table 4,800yen, A-table 4,400yen, B-table 4,000
    - Polynasian Dinner Show: S-table 4,800yen, A-table 4,400yen, B-table 4,000

    The reservation methods for them are different based on how you reserved your hotel. If you reverved your hotel through online, you are supposed to use online to reserve the show. However the reservation site is only in Japanese, so yes, it's probably better to contact the hotel first. You can start making reservations one month before your check-in date.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

      From what I've seen, the free show "Minnie Oh Minnie" looks better!
      Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

        Originally posted by Fukai View Post
        From what I've seen, the free show "Minnie Oh Minnie" looks better!
        I really enjoyed Minnie Oh! Minnie, and would prefer that all of the shows be free, but if either are that good and the food is also good, they'd probably be worth it to us.
        DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

        Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

          I have heard the Mickey and Co is a hoot. I am going to do it in April!


          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
          We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
          Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

            Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
            I have heard the Mickey and Co is a hoot. I am going to do it in April!
            If you could report back, that would be awesome. We aren't going until the fall, so we have some time to decide. I'm pretty sure we'll do the Polynesian Terrace show, it's just a matter of whether we'll do both. Thanks!
            DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

            Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

              I saw both shows last year, here is my impression:

              Mickey & Minnie's Polynesian Paradise: It feels a little bit outdated, the focus on the show is more on the Polynesian dancers than on the Disney characters. The characters don't speak, and its more about dancing and there is no story or so. They take children and male guests to the stage at one point which was fun. The food was good, and even for an A-table you have a good view. I still think its a little bit overpriced with more than 4000 yen per person.

              Mickey & Company: Here the Disney Characters are more in focus, and there is a story throughout the show. You can feel its a new production. The characters are also running between the tables and while they dont take anybody onto the stage, there's also a lot of interaction with the attendance. Its a good Disney show and I enjoyed it a lot. The food was so so though. I would only go for an S-Table though for a good view.

              I would watch Mickey & Company again, but not Polynesian Paradise. I think both are more than character greetings, and if you visit Tokyo Disney Land worth to watch once.

              Especially on weekends but for Mickey & Company also during weekdays the good tables get sold out within minutes when the windows on the reservation page opens. The window opens exactly 30 days before at 9am Japanese Time.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

                Originally posted by slapshot View Post
                I saw both shows last year, here is my impression:

                Mickey & Minnie's Polynesian Paradise: It feels a little bit outdated, the focus on the show is more on the Polynesian dancers than on the Disney characters. The characters don't speak, and its more about dancing and there is no story or so. They take children and male guests to the stage at one point which was fun. The food was good, and even for an A-table you have a good view. I still think its a little bit overpriced with more than 4000 yen per person.

                Mickey & Company: Here the Disney Characters are more in focus, and there is a story throughout the show. You can feel its a new production. The characters are also running between the tables and while they dont take anybody onto the stage, there's also a lot of interaction with the attendance. Its a good Disney show and I enjoyed it a lot. The food was so so though. I would only go for an S-Table though for a good view.

                I would watch Mickey & Company again, but not Polynesian Paradise. I think both are more than character greetings, and if you visit Tokyo Disney Land worth to watch once.

                Especially on weekends but for Mickey & Company also during weekdays the good tables get sold out within minutes when the windows on the reservation page opens. The window opens exactly 30 days before at 9am Japanese Time.
                Thank you for the information, that is all great to know. We will have hotel reservations, so I'm hoping we can dinner reservations. If not, it's not a huge deal.

                Also, are these meals "all you can eat"?

                Thanks!
                Last edited by WDWFigment; 04-17-2014, 09:48 AM.
                DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

                Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

                  It's a predefined course that fits the theme. It should get you full. Drinks are free refill, but for a non-alcoholic beer you pay extra.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Diamond Horseshoe's Mickey & Co/Polynesian Terrace's Polynesian Paradise

                    Originally posted by slapshot View Post
                    It's a predefined course that fits the theme. It should get you full. Drinks are free refill, but for a non-alcoholic beer you pay extra.
                    Thanks for all of your feedback. I think we're going to try to book both once our window opens. Fingers crossed that we get them!
                    DisneyTouristBlog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

                    Please Visit My Travel Photography Blog, Covering Southern California and Beyond!

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X