X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan and Muppets.

Are the Japanese, big on the Muppets?

Maybe the Orintal Land company could build a new Muppet attraction.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Re: Japan and Muppets.

Big in Europe, at least... A french version of The Muppet Show was once shot. DLP is a better choice.
    -Tim

Comment

muppets was made in england funded by the bbc, always wondered about the muppets at dlp. guess the ownership rights are different in europe.

there are adverts in japan featuring elmo and seasme street is shown i think, but the muppet show itself i dont know
      We Play Rock and Roll

Comment

Elmo is known and there is a version of Sesame Street in Japan, but
        I don't think the Muppets are really that much in their public eye. (I vaguely
        remember one of the Muppets movies being dubbed, but don't know/remember
        anything about the Muppet Show itself.)

Of course, Muppets aren't THAT much in the public eye here either now. Current
        efforts not withstanding.. ^_^

Comment

Muppets are old news and besides they were Eisner's obsession.

Children's Public Workshop owns the rights to Big Bird Elmo and all the Sesame characters.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
            Muppets are old news
            They are not they are just utilised in rather lame ways (Ford commercials?).

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
              They are not they are just utilised in rather lame ways (Ford commercials?).
              But they also had a TV movie last spring, introduce the Disney Channel, new product (Muppet Show Season 1 on DVD, etc), the new Dark Crystal, and a tv show in the works.

I don't think of these as "lame", I think of them as building blocks to get the Muppets known and loved as they once were and still are by the older generation.

Comment

The use of Muppets in any way is not lame. I'd rather see them in a commercial than not see them at all. Love the Muppets! And don't forget the great action figure line that came out from Palisades Toys! That was one of the best action figure lines ever!
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo
                  The use of Muppets in any way is not lame. I'd rather see them in a commercial than not see them at all. Love the Muppets! And don't forget the great action figure line that came out from Palisades Toys! That was one of the best action figure lines ever!
                  And there's no bias there coming from a toy collector.

Comment

Hey, I have most of them. what do you think made me into a toy collector?
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I do have to say I love the muppets but wish they were not in bad commercials,[Miss Piggy eating a pzza with ham on it? what the?!?] And I will say, and this might be considered heresy here, Kermit will always be the best mascot/leader of any company.

Comment

Originally posted by HUH?
                        I do have to say I love the muppets but wish they were not in bad commercials,[Miss Piggy eating a pzza with ham on it? what the?!?] And I will say, and this might be considered heresy here, Kermit will always be the best mascot/leader of any company.
                        Thats what I am talking about, besides the Wizard of Oz, Kermit & co are being used for commercials that get cut down and never shown. I don't count the Season DvD as good use because it's nothing new, its what is old an great being rereleased. I'd like to see new and exciting things.

Comment

Moving back to topic,

I think that the Muppets could fit into Disneysea really well with the American Waterfront area. Thoughts.
                          Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Griiibbbiittt Griiibbbiittt !

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe
                              Moving back to topic,

I think that the Muppets could fit into Disneysea really well with the American Waterfront area. Thoughts.
                              Are we supposed to stay on topic here at micechat? When did that rule take effect?

Could the muppets maybe hit fantasyland, or whatever it is called at TDL?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X