This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-purchasing TDL tickets

Is it possible to purchase tickets outside of Japan? It seems you can't buy them until you get into Japan which I'm not use to. We're going in September and will probably buy a four day passport each.
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW
    April 1994 DL

Re: Pre-purchasing TDL tickets

You can not buy tickets in advance from outside Japan. But once in Japan... you can get tickets before you arrive at the park. Refer to this page in the official site:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t.../adticket.html

Comment

Thanks TDLFan. Not happy with that arrangement but with Japan being so insular I was afraid it would be that way. Thanks.
      Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
      May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
      September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
      June 2003 DL
      Dec 2002 WDW
      April 2002 DLP
      Dec 2001 DL
      Nov 2000 WDW
      Oct 2000 DL
      Oct 1997 WDW
      April 1994 DL

Comment

I believe it's not because of Japan being insular... It has to do with Oriental Land Company owning the resort and they only do business practices within Japan... as opposed to other World known companies... Sony, Toyota..etc. You'd think that concidering the surge of western visitors to TDR in the past 10 yrs or so.. OLC would be more open to business pass the borders of Japan...

Comment

ya it's a shame.. whenever i got comp tickets from disney they were good at any US park and paris, but not tokyo. I wasn't planning on going to tokyo with them, but still, how dare they limit my options! ;P

Comment

They dare pplenty because they own the licensing of TDR and own the resort, therefore they run it the way any japanese company would run their business: Military-like. CM's have very limited options in regards to Main gate passes (they do not have those there) and they only recieve very seldom few free perks from OLC, like a pass to the park every now and then or a CM preview of new things coming to the park; they are not allowed to shop on stage with discounts like the other resorts allow their Casts to do... just to name of few of those minuses... Yet, they are the most productive & hard working CM workforce of any Disney Resort... they meet the standards..then up the bar further than that. If only DLP and WDW were run like that....*sighs*

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X